Plugin Contributions

Default HELP Needed! Checkout Problems - blank page

I have no idea how this came about but this morning I was contacted by a customer trying to order and all throughout the account login and checking out process when you go ahead to the next step it doesn't work and brings you to a blank screen. I've got no idea why and how to fix it and would appreciate any quick help I can get! PM for link and more info if you think you can help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HELP Needed! Checkout Problems

BTW, I am willing to pay anyone who fixes the problem....

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HELP Needed! Checkout Problems - blank page

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

thanks for the link but I just checked my cache and no bugs like that are there except ones from back in December.... I would assume since this problem just started those would not be the cause.....

I do have 2 things in the cache folder about .htacess and index.php though....
    but I don't know what they mean and how to fix..... or if that is even anything related to the problems....

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The .htaccess and index.php files in the /cache/ folder belong there. Ignore them. And ignore any files ending in .sql too.
    All you're concerned with are myDebug-xxxxxxxxxx.log files.
    And, as you say, if the myDebug-xxxxxxxx.log files you have are old then they're from a different issue that's no longer happening ... and can be deleted.

As for your other issue, you've not given enough information, including exactly what steps you've taken to resolve the problem, what steps you have actually taken to exactly recreate the problem, and everything about your site, versions, addons, etc. That stuff is all requested on the screen where you posted this thread and when you make replies. It would be helpful if you'd supply the requested information. So ... please click Reply below and answer all the questions in the Posting Tips section on that page, in addition to those asked here.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    The .htaccess and index.php files in the /cache/ folder belong there. Ignore them. And ignore any files ending in .sql too.
    All you're concerned with are myDebug-xxxxxxxxxx.log files.
    And, as you say, if the myDebug-xxxxxxxx.log files you have are old then they're from a different issue that's no longer happening ... and can be deleted.

As for your other issue, you've not given enough information, including exactly what steps you've taken to resolve the problem, what steps you have actually taken to exactly recreate the problem, and everything about your site, versions, addons, etc. That stuff is all requested on the screen where you posted this thread and when you make replies. It would be helpful if you'd supply the requested information. So ... please click Reply below and answer all the questions in the Posting Tips section on that page, in addition to those asked here.
    Original Poster didn't respond - but I'll say thanks for this here. I was running into the same problem (blank/empty page while checking out) and couldn't find the answer.

My page was entirely blank (nothing in the source code either) after submitting the information on the login page - the shipping page wasn't loading. I tried re-uploading files and nothing. Checked the /cache/ folder for the myDebug file and sure enough - there was a file shipping module file missing.

Never knew about the cache folder - between that and the "Developers Toolkit" I think you can find anything.