Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Need help with a couple of things

So this is my first time trying to use Zen Cart and it has taken me MANY hours to get this far: http://www.thedonutlounge.com/zencart/catalog/

Here are a few things I'm having a hard time figuring out.. any help would be greatly appreciated!

1. I was wondering how to take away the Categories Tabs listing that shows up below the header.

2. How do I customize the Information section because I don't want all those pages showing nor w/ those page titles?

3. How can I get the Categories to already show WITH the subcategories and not having to click on the "-->"?

4. How do I get rid of "Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart™ E-Commerce Solution." on the main page?

5. I was able to edit the copyright info at the bottom, however, I tried changing the background color to match the background of my site (like the Home, Log In part above) but it wouldn't work. I inserted a body tag in the tpl_footer.php page.. I think that is where I went wrong. So I'm wondering where I can change it at.

I guess that's all for now. If I could fix those 5 things I'd be so happy for the time being until I add more pages and features. Thank you in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need help with a couple of things

Question 1.
    admin > configuration > layout settings > Categories-Tabs Menu ON/OFF
    Set this to 0
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, I actually just found that before I checked back here.

Another question:

I found how to change the size of certain images for products etc. but where do I change the size of my Categories images like on the main page? The pic I uploaded should be 100x100px yet it comes out so tiny.
    Last edited by thedonutlounge; 14 May 2007 at 03:53 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by thedonutlounge View Post
    How do I change the image size of my category images (like the one I have displayed on the main page)?
    Take a look here:
    admin > configuration > images
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by thedonutlounge View Post
    So this is my first time trying to use Zen Cart and it has taken me MANY hours to get this far: http://www.thedonutlounge.com/zencart/catalog/

Here are a few things I'm having a hard time figuring out.. any help would be greatly appreciated!

1. I was wondering how to take away the Categories Tabs listing that shows up below the header.

2. How do I customize the Information section because I don't want all those pages showing nor w/ those page titles?

3. How can I get the Categories to already show WITH the subcategories and not having to click on the "-->"?

4. How do I get rid of "Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart™ E-Commerce Solution." on the main page?

5. I was able to edit the copyright info at the bottom, however, I tried changing the background color to match the background of my site (like the Home, Log In part above) but it wouldn't work. I inserted a body tag in the tpl_footer.php page.. I think that is where I went wrong. So I'm wondering where I can change it at.

I guess that's all for now. If I could fix those 5 things I'd be so happy for the time being until I add more pages and features. Thank you in advance!
    Question 2's answer: Go to Admin>tools>Define Pages Editor, select "Main Page" and delet or re-define the text there.

Question 3's answer: Go to the downloads section, and download a mod like the CSS Flyout Menu (link in my signature).

Question 4's answer: In your folders, go to includes/languages/English/index.php and find those lines in the code, and edit or delete them.

Question 5's answer: Change ALL background colors in stylesheet.css located in includes/templates/template_default/css/stylesheet.css
    Note: If you've installed a custom template, then, go to it, instead of template_default. The rest of the path remains the same.

Hope this helps.
    Teach them to shop and they will shop today;
    Teach them to Zen and they will OWN a shop tomorrow!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by haredo View Post
    Take a look here:
    admin > configuration > images
    I tried that and I found one that said Categories but it only relates to the Category images on the Product info page so it did nothing to the main page.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Get Em Fast View Post
    Question 2's answer: Go to Admin>tools>Define Pages Editor, select "Main Page" and delet or re-define the text there.
    Ooops, sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant the Information section of the Sideboxes (which isn't viewable right now). But under it are other links like Shipping & Returns, Gift certificate FAQ, and a whole bunch of other stuff that I guess is part of the default template. I wanted to make my own links under that sidebox heading.

Plugin Contributions

Oh my.. seems like your Home/Log In are white text in Firefox and reside into the white layout, the opposite of how pleasant it looks IE.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    Oh my.. seems like your Home/Log In are white text in Firefox and reside into the white layout, the opposite of how pleasant it looks IE.
    Thanks for letting me know! I wish all browsers were the same...

Plugin Contributions

You're welcome. Yeah, wouldn't that be nice. Although, Firefox is still more compliant than IE7. Your custom header code probably just requires minor adjustment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast