Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Using one single listing template

Hello,

I've read through this entire post and I know you are able to change products_all to look like specials, etc. and vice versa but I need to have all of my pages (products_all, products_new, etc.) http://chocolatebydesignonline.com/s...e=products_all to look like shopping_cart http://chocolatebydesignonline.com/s...=shopping_cart. Is this the same concept? I have a feeling it may be different and wanted to ask before go ahead and monkey with the module. Thanks in advance for your help.

Plugin Contributions

tpl_modules_listing_display_order.php unable to sort the products, wonder why?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbo View Post
    OK, for anyone who gets the same error, you've just missed one $products_new_query_raw that needs to be changed to $listing_sq

Underneath the line:

Code:
    $listing_sql = $db->bindVars($listing_sql, ':languageID', $_SESSION['languages_id'], 'integer');
    is another line that needs to be changed to:

Code:
    $products_new_split = new splitPageResults($listing_sql, MAX_DISPLAY_PRODUCTS_NEW);
    That worked for me
    In which file did you make this change? Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    This package here IS for NEW 1.3.8a sites only, as it will overwrite several files. Anyhow, I hope it help someone who is setting up a new site, if you want to use this on your current site, you can check the file content and merge with your files.

Also, I do not intend to provide much support here, and I expect you to know your way around ZC when you make use of this, so I recommend you NOT to use this package if you are not familiar with php and zencart.

Several features:
    1. for index listing (new, special, features):
    you can choose to use 3 options (each of the above listing can use any of these 3 options)
    a. use the individual template (this is zen default)
    b. use a shared template for the index listing
    c. use the category product listing template

you will find these options in admin->configuration->index listing
    2. for the specials, featured, products_all listing pages, they will all share the same template (the category product listing template). When I have time, I will consider adding switches in the admin to let you set the option just like the index listing above.

Please find the package in my signature.

PS: if you read the features and have no idea what I'm talking about, please do not consider using this package. This will save you (and me) all the headache.
    I don't see any package in your signature - was it removed? Can you post a link? Someone mentioned they got this mod from Rubik Integration but I couldn't find it there either. I'm using 1.3.8 and I would really like to avoid putting all the pieces together if it's already done and available. Thanks, Robert.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry about the extra post, I couldn't figure out how to subscribe to a post (I missed it before) without making a reply. Now I'll get emails.

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

Hi all,
    I just download the module and install it, but when I patch the sql patck,
    SQL Query Executor said:

Error Failed: 1
    Error ERROR: Cannot insert configuration_key "" because it already exists
    Warning Note: 1 statements ignored. See "upgrade_exceptions" table for additional details.

And I open my site, all display is changed to the column layout, that's great!
    But the only thing is the there is nothing in my Mainpage index area, which should be my "Monthly special for xxx."

Does someone know what's happened here?

help question Re: Using one single listing template

Thanks for this contribution, I've downloaded and installed it and it worked perfectly first time!
    I have one tweak I'd like to do but am not sure of the best place.

I'd like to show a category heading at the top of the all, new and specials listings.
    So, when viewing the All Products listing for example, it will display 'All Products' just below the breadcrumb.

I managed to get it to work by adding the text I want above the first require in:

includes\templates\YOUR_TEMPLATE\templates\tpl_products_all_default.php

Is there an easier or better way than this?

Plugin Contributions

I would love to install this mod but have a couple of questions first.

1) It says you should already have the grid mod layout installed. My products are outlined 3 per row, however my template was integrated by someone else and I don't know if that specific module was installed. I'm guessing not because I read the readme file to it and it says something about after installing go to Admin -> Configuration -> Product Listing > Layout Style/Columns Per Row and change something, however I don't see those options. Is there a sure way to see if this was already installed?

2) Excuse my ignorance since I'm not much of a coder and am just learning my zen cart & trying to fix what that previous developer didn't after taking my money. But, if I install this module, I'm guessing I will lose any custom look I already have that is different from the basic zen cart product listing layout, right? Then would have to start over but at least only have to change one basic template file and the css ones instead of a bunch?!?

3) Will both of these modules easily support a "Customer Link" option to go back and forth from grid and listing? (similar to Walmart's site if you need an example). I read we could use grid, but with one column (set up in the admin). Could that be coded easily to change on the fly by a customer link and not in the admin?

I know this thread is a bit old, so we will see if I get a response. Thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Is there a sure way to see if this was already installed?

Look at /includes/modules/your_template/product_listing.php. If it is the Column Grid version, you will see comments to that effect near the top of the file.

Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast