Plugin Contributions

Default call for price - add to cart

How can I allow "call for price" products to be added to cart?
    I need a customer to upload his/her file and place an order, and then i define a price depending on the file sent.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: call for price - add to cart

then i define a price depending on the file sent.
    Class these file types and uyse attributes to define price
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Could you please explain a little more?

Here's an example situation:
    I offer printing services. You can upload a document with 20 pages to be printed or 500 pages to print. It can be a3-a4-a5 format. It can be double or single sided print. So, after you place your order, i review the document and tell you the price.

Plugin Contributions

I offer printing services. You can upload a document with 20 pages to be printed or 500 pages to print. It can be a3-a4-a5 format. It can be double or single sided print. So, after you place your order, i review the document and tell you the price.
    Define a base standard per page price
    i.e.
    single side
    a3
    standard bond

Add attributes for
    double sided add $
    a4 +$ - a5 +$

Other paper types add$

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=57
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

OK, I understand attributes, but this IS NOT what i need.

Zencart doesn't know how many pages are in the uploaded document so it would require customer to input how many pages there are. So, you can upload a document with 500 pages and say there are 200 pages, go to checkout and get a price lets say 200*1$=200$, choose online credit card payment and instantly pay 200$ but should regularly pay 500$. Now, I have a problem because my shop created a "pre-invoice" and received payment, but i can't deliver it because THE SYSTEM issued an invalid invoice. I know that legally it's not my problem and I can deliver only 200 pages because the customer said quantity=200, but this is something I desperately want to avoid (you know how it goes - the customer is always right). I think it's much much better to receive the document, calculate the price manually (include some extra discount if I feel like it) and notify the customer about the price.

So, is there a way to have a "product call for price" added to cart?

Plugin Contributions

So, is there a way to have a "product call for price" added to cart?
    What would be added to the cart?
    There has been no definition at this point

One can refund and notify if there is a 500 page doc and payment was only for 200
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Why don't you just set the price to $0 and in the description, put some red text that says "CALL FOR PRICE".

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    What would be added to the cart?
    Well, a file. My shop is configured to create and send an offer, not an actual order. After you receive the email with your offer, you choose if you'll accept it. Therefore, in this case, you would upload a file and choose all attributes and then later (after i do the math) receive a real offer. And the one that zencart sends automatically would be something like "thank you for your request, we will contact you as soon as possible to see if you're ok with our price..."

One can refund and notify if there is a 500 page doc and payment was only for 200
    Yes, I'm well aware of that, but that's exactly what I would like to avoid. Would it not be nicer to send your request via my site and then get a human defined price an hour later? On the other hand, you could get some computer calculated price that's actually too low and get very excited because it's very low and then get a refund? OK, you got your money back, but you lost a few hours and you got disappointed. Also, there's a chance that I got lucky a few moments ago and I like your address and will give you 50% off just because I feel like it...

Now, another thing - can you set this up via attributes:
    print type: color, b&w
    print size: a3, a4, a5
    print side= single-side, double-side
    cover= none, spiral-type, book-type
    PROBLEMS:
    a3 colour=3$, a3 bw=1$, a4 colour=1$, a4 bw=0.4$ etc
    single-side is normal price, double-side is +50% on the above condition
    Book-type cover goes only with double-sided printing.
    1-50 pages = above price
    51-100 pages = discount 10%
    100-200 pages = 15% discount
    200+ pages = 25% discount
    And not to mention paper types...

Can you do this with attributes? I think it would be much easier if you could simply upload your file and choose from the available options and wait for my response...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan View Post
    Why don't you just set the price to $0 and in the description, put some red text that says "CALL FOR PRICE".
    Because it's not professional.
    Now for real - in this case, I have a free product and zencart would create and send an email to my customer saying "You've ordered product xx. Your price is 0,00 $". Now, since that site is my internet market place, by the laws in my country i'm obligated to deliver it with that price. And I can't have some disclaimer because I have other "normal" products on my site too.

Plugin Contributions

Zencart doesn't know how many pages are in the uploaded document so it would require customer to input how many pages there are

Would it not be nicer to send your request via my site and then get a human defined price an hour later?
    JMO - I disagree
    I would prefer to see the added costs as attributes and enter the #of pages requested

If I error as you stated and entered 200 pages and in reality my file had 500 pages - I would expect and not be upset that I was notified of this fact

Reason - I and many others prefer to comparison shop and your desired method precludes my determining if you are competative and I go elsewhere
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten