Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problems with displaying Russian characters and UTF-8

Is your database in unicode? If you go into your database and find the same text, can you read it there?

What I am guessing is one of two things. One, you made this content before you fixed the problem, and now because of that, you can't read it, because it was never not in the right encoding when you entered it into the site or you didn't edit this file, includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php .

So, let me know,

CKD

Plugin Contributions

The first thing i did was making a db in utf-8
    Then i changed the two languagefiles accordig to the writtem statement after that change the query.php
    try again to start from scratch to see if something changes

Plugin Contributions

Lokked into the database is utf80-gen

Character encoding English template/language utf8 also the Page source.
    Now i change to russian language in the template, then the page is in Russian but the langiuage
    Character encoding cyrilic 1251 also page source
    If i now go to the catalog and create a new catalog in english no problem but in russin it is still abracadabra

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalKoi View Post
    Is your database in unicode? If you go into your database and find the same text, can you read it there?

What I am guessing is one of two things. One, you made this content before you fixed the problem, and now because of that, you can't read it, because it was never not in the right encoding when you entered it into the site or you didn't edit this file, includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php .

So, let me know,

CKD
    hi there...

Hi, well finally i find the heart to have a go at this problem. and what is happening is summerised rightly in your post.
    The japanese is fine now, is in utf-8.

The russian not. I did follow religiously your instructions and modified the files accordingly. the result is that now, i can write in Russian in the control panel, and it would show up properly in the browser (in the browser it shows encoding utf-8) but everything else (the information sidebox, home, login,...the modules basically) show up in unreadable characters (these lovely question marks with a black diamond shaped backgrounds).

this was not a fresh install, i just modified the files as described in your tutorial, and didn't need to touch the database as was already in utf-8_general_ci.

so I summarise: writing in russian works fine now from control panel, no contrast with japanese or other languages, but module headings and menus are unreadable.

I tried to modify manually, module headings and menus (using the developer tool kit, finding the lines and make modification by hand) but still doesn't work (intersting is, dreamweaver gives me a message as to save the file with utf-8 encoding. I get question marks. tried to change the setting in the browser, clearing the cache...to no avail.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Plugin Contributions

d all the steps as described in the tutorial
    The database is utf 8
    The 3 php files changed
    The browser say utf 8
    Download the russian langauge pack install it and what is the result a nice russian page but now it comes i make an new categry in the russian language an what do I see yes garbadge

Категории
    Тюлпаны
    Все товары
    Отзывы [далее]
    Нет отзывов
    I take a look to character encoding this is Cyrillic (windows1251)
    And page source charset=windows-1251
    I can not understand why i have a nice russian page but if i will write something in Russian then Zencart say do it yourself

How cn it be that this problem is in the last 1.5 years not solved

Plugin Contributions

Hello!
    By my expirience, after making all of steps from Tutorial, it is need to save each file that contents russian words, in UTF-8 Encoding and replace all that files on site.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by clava View Post
    Hello!
    By my expirience, after making all of steps from Tutorial, it is need to save each file that contents russian words, in UTF-8 Encoding and replace all that files on site.
    Excuse me, can someone, please, send me or pm me a link for the Russian language pack in utf-8 collation? I also have the same trouble, so I was wandering if someone could be kind enough and send me one ^^

Thanks to whoever responds!

Plugin Contributions

customer issue Re: Problems with displaying Russian characters and UTF-8

Quote Originally Posted by ringlas View Post
    Excuse me, can someone, please, send me or pm me a link for the Russian language pack in utf-8 collation? I also have the same trouble, so I was wandering if someone could be kind enough and send me one ^^

Thanks to whoever responds!
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73194
    May be here can you find authors of russian pack...

But so far this pack is not UTF, imho.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by clava View Post
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73194
    May be here can you find authors of russian pack...

But so far this pack is not UTF, imho.
    thank you for your fast response! i used this pack, yes. but what I have to do in order to make it utf-8 is to save each file from include directory with my Dreamweaver with changed page properties to utf-8, is that so? plus change the collation in the main russian.php into utf8 and not cp1251.rus

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ringlas View Post
    thank you for your fast response! i used this pack, yes. but what I have to do in order to make it utf-8 is to save each file from include directory with my Dreamweaver with changed page properties to utf-8, is that so? plus change the collation in the main russian.php into utf8 and not cp1251.rus
    Yes, I was open each file from this pack in my text editor (be sure what editor show real russian letters) and save as UTF 8 with same name. Then upload files to their place on the site through ftp.
    Also i was make all the steps from tutorial srw2d.com/sites/default/files/utf-8-zen-cartV1.3.8.pdf (some distinction was in file query_factory.php - it need to find a place for UTF section paste).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast