Page 43 of 226 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Quote Originally Posted by errno View Post
    I havent modified the ozpost module to allow for the 5kg satchels, they are set up as a flat rate shipping option in the zencart shipping modules.
    If you care to send me the dimensions of those 5kg satchels (and the cost of them) I'd be happy to update the ozpost module so that they are included along with the other satchels (for some reason our post office doesn't seem to carry them).

Ill check out that other script, and ill try reinstalling those files and see if it helps.

I wonder why its not displaying the detail about the package types in the shipping estimator though? They show up on estimate shipping but not actually on the checkout page.
    This is a mystery - If they show (mostly) on the estimate shipping I can't really think of anything that would cause them to not show during the checkout.

Thanks for the help so far ill let you know how I get on once i check those things out
    No problem - this mystery really has me rather intrigued. I'm sure we'll find the cause/solution eventually though.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module small image error

Installed ok it seems, but in the Admin interface, the little logo at the top of the config part of the interface, is missing.
    This is the url that is trying to find the logo

zenynot/admin/DIR_WS_TEMPLATEStemplate_default/images/icons/ozpost_logo.jpg

any clues on what is causing this. Doesn't seem to affect operation, just annoying.
    thanks
    Robert

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rachalmers View Post
    Installed ok it seems, but in the Admin interface, the little logo at the top of the config part of the interface, is missing.
    This is the url that is trying to find the logo

zenynot/admin/DIR_WS_TEMPLATEStemplate_default/images/icons/ozpost_logo.jpg

any clues on what is causing this. Doesn't seem to affect operation, just annoying.
    thanks
    Robert
    Replace the file /includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php with the one I've (hopefully) attached to this reply.

Cheers
    Rod

Hhhmmm doesn't seem to want to attach. Says it is already uploaded?
    Last edited by RodG; 21 Jan 2010 at 12:21 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    If you care to send me the dimensions of those 5kg satchels (and the cost of them) I'd be happy to update the ozpost module so that they are included along with the other satchels (for some reason our post office doesn't seem to carry them).

This is a mystery - If they show (mostly) on the estimate shipping I can't really think of anything that would cause them to not show during the checkout.

No problem - this mystery really has me rather intrigued. I'm sure we'll find the cause/solution eventually though.

Cheers
    Rod
    reinstalled all the ozpost files from the zip, made sure the other files hadnt been modified. Now it doesnt seem to want to return even those quotes it was getting before - Ive no idea what is going on there.

I turned debug on, it was getting things from the server (and displaying the response time), but now its back to "using cached quotes".

Ive disabled the flat rate shipping for now in case it was causing problems. If you were interested, the 5KG satchel appears to be this one here: http://www.auspost.com.au/BCP/0,1467...7EMO19,00.html (i think its the one on TV where the yeti is posting those big blocks of stone).

Perhaps something is seriously munted with this zencart installation, I cant find what the issue could be.

Plugin Contributions

Replace the file /includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php with the one I've (hopefully) attached to this reply.

Cheers
    Rod

Hhhmmm doesn't seem to want to attach. Says it is already uploaded?

anyidea where I can grab it ???

thanks
    Robert

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rachalmers View Post
    anyidea where I can grab it ???

thanks
    Robert
    I've just been searching and scouring all of my old posts and can't locate it. Nor am I able to attach it in a PM to you (the attachment link isn't visible).

Please PM your email address and I'll send it to you directly.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

reinstalled all the ozpost files from the zip, made sure the other files hadnt been modified. Now it doesnt seem to want to return even those quotes it was getting before - Ive no idea what is going on there.
    If it makes you feel any better you are not alone. I've no idea whats going on either.

I turned debug on, it was getting things from the server (and displaying the response time),
    OK, but did it also supply shipping quotes? ('Debug' should display ALL quotes returned by the server, even if you have disabled them).

but now its back to "using cached quotes".
    Which merely means that it has already retreived what it considers to be valid data for that particular quote. To force a fresh quote just change the destination postcode or number of items in the cart.

Ive disabled the flat rate shipping for now in case it was causing problems.
    I assume that made no difference?

If you were interested, the 5KG satchel appears to be this one here: http://www.auspost.com.au/BCP/0,1467...7EMO19,00.html (i think its the one on TV where the yeti is posting those big blocks of stone).
    Thanks for that.... I've been checking the Austpost website on and off for several months now looking for that information.

Perhaps something is seriously munted with this zencart installation, I cant find what the issue could be.
    Did setting the 'display icons' to 'no' make any difference at all?

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Did setting the 'display icons' to 'no' make any difference at all?

Cheers
    Rod
    I'm thinking this now has a mind of its own.

I turned icons off, just to see what was happening - and ended up getting the 'blank checkout shipping' page, (which was the first problem, relating to php4 which ive sinced changed to php5). I turned on the /includes/local/configure.php to see notices and warnings, and low and behold, all the ozpost shipping quotes were there! I went back, turned on icons, turned off the configure.php and what the hell, its working with the icons.

The only thing that doesnt work now, is the shipping_estimator popup, which is just a blank window with "close window" as the only text, but I dont think ill particularly care about that if the main checkout page is working.

I still have no idea why it spontaneously started working, as far as I can tell its no changes on my behalf.

Thanks for the help there anyway Rod, if I do manage to find out what caused it to not work and suddenly stop working ill be sure to let you know! (fingers crossed it keeps working, haha).

edit:
    Scratch that, its failing again but now with the error:
    Code:
    Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /home/hotbead/public_html/new/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php:345 Stack trace: #0 /home/hotbead/public_html/new/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php(345): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('3d??<?xml versi...') #1 /home/hotbead/public_html/new/includes/classes/shipping.php(129): ozpost->quote('') #2 /home/hotbead/public_html/new/includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php(170): shipping->quote() #3 /home/hotbead/public_html/new/index.php(36): require('/home/hotbead/p...') #4 {main} thrown in /home/hotbead/public_html/new/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php on line 345
    edit2:
    working every now and then on refreshes
    Last edited by errno; 21 Jan 2010 at 04:03 PM. Reason: edit2

Plugin Contributions

I have been doing some reading but haven't found a clear solution for the following error

"ERROR: (27.00+54) x 2cm exceeds the Maximum 140cm girth allowed. Using AP Flat Rate."

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers ;)

Plugin Contributions

I still have no idea why it spontaneously started working, as far as I can tell its no changes on my behalf.
    This is often a result of caching issues.
    Whenever you make any configuration type changes you should always close your web-browser and restart it before doing anything else.

Scratch that, its failing again but now with the error:
    [code]
    Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML'
    <snip>
    working every now and then on refreshes
    Enable cURL (in the ozpost admin settings).

Cheers
    Rod