Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: craftysyntax Live Help module HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace38 View Post
    If your host has Fantastico just install Crafty Syntax and use EZ pages in your Zencart to activate as a sidebox - Pretty simple to do that rather than alter any html files and thats what i did as all you need to do is insert some code into the EZ pages box then activate it as a sidebox.

I uninstalled Crafty though because it seems every 3 months or so it gets hacked and i decided i can live without a Help module.

What version are you using?
    There are security issues with the version 2.14.6 that's downloaded from the Zen Cart add on section.

The newer version 2.15 can be downloaded from their website and fixes SQL injection and Cross Site Scripting vulnerabilities.

Plugin Contributions

I am using Version 2.15.0.

I installed it vis Fantastico and it was quite simple to do. The sidebox took a bit but that worked out great too.
    Thank you, Sincerely, MagicMan

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: craftysyntax Live Help module HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by gtalwar View Post
    Even i am facing the same issue, can some one help, I just get a blank side box without anything, I have followed the installation instructions, nothing seems wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMan View Post
    No Go: Cannot get the code into the right place within ZenCart. When I insert it pages go blank or cannot display cart information.

Where doe the code go once we load the Cragty Sidebox which is Blank after uplaoding files. Thanks.
    There are some code syntax error in the tpl_craftysyntax_sidebox.php file that's in the download.

There are two lines that need to be edited. the line numbers I give are not exact.

around line 57 should be
    Code:
    $cs_link = $cs_dir . '/' . 'livehelp_js.php?department=' . $cs_dept . '&pingtimes=' . $cs_pingtimes . '&username=' . $cs_full_name;
    around line 60 should be
    Code:
    $cs_link = $cs_dir . '/' . 'livehelp_js.php?department=' . $cs_dept . '&pingtimes=' . $cs_pingtimes;
    If you notice, the original two lines have a '/' . after the = symbol. This causes the source string to the livehelp_js.php to be incorrect. For instance:
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/http://www.nahidfashions.com/livehelp/livehelp_js.php....
    will not work because of the / before the http://

I'm still working configuring and tweaking, but after making this change the Crafty Syntax shows in its side box.

I hope this is clear and helps all.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMan View Post
    I am using Version 2.15.0.

I installed it vis Fantastico and it was quite simple to do. The sidebox took a bit but that worked out great too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace38 View Post
    If your host has Fantastico just install Crafty Syntax and use EZ pages in your Zencart to activate as a sidebox - Pretty simple to do that rather than alter any html files and thats what i did as all you need to do is insert some code into the EZ pages box then activate it as a sidebox.

I uninstalled Crafty though because it seems every 3 months or so it gets hacked and i decided i can live without a Help module.

I curious as to what version Grace38 is using.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: craftysyntax Live Help module HELP!

I have crafty syntax installed on another domain.
    I have gotten it to work on the zencart site BUT, I get a secure / unsecure message when I go to
    the ssl side of the site.

Any thoughts on how to eliminate this error message.

~Roalnd

Plugin Contributions

I know the answer...I was getting the same message with my SSL certificate and My Trustwave Logo. The only thing that is insecure is the image. Try putting the "s" after the http for the image tag.

Or, if you ar running the crafty syntax code form the https, try loading your image into the https folder.

Hope this helps. Play around with this because I am sure that this is the fix.

Plugin Contributions

I'm running crafty syntax from a different domain and it does not have an SSL.

My Zencart does have an SSL... but the link in the Znecart sidebox for live help goes to a non-SSL domain.

Plugin Contributions

I am no expert because I just installed this less than a week ago for myself. However, under the "Department" tab there is a link to generate the HTML. In this section there is a boz that reads "Does the site use secure SSL? " Have you checked the appropriate box for non SSL? If so, try them both and see what happens.

What site is it for? Let me take a look.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Kevin,

Yeah, I tried both with and without SSL.

I ended up just making a link to the live help and used that in my ZenCart sidebox.

houseofjerky.net/store

~Roland

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shocker View Post
    There are some code syntax error in the tpl_craftysyntax_sidebox.php file that's in the download.

There are two lines that need to be edited. the line numbers I give are not exact.

around line 57 should be
    Code:
    $cs_link = $cs_dir . '/' . 'livehelp_js.php?department=' . $cs_dept . '&amp;pingtimes=' . $cs_pingtimes . '&amp;username=' . $cs_full_name;
    around line 60 should be
    Code:
    $cs_link = $cs_dir . '/' . 'livehelp_js.php?department=' . $cs_dept . '&amp;pingtimes=' . $cs_pingtimes;
    If you notice, the original two lines have a '/' . after the = symbol. This causes the source string to the livehelp_js.php to be incorrect. For instance:
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/http://www.nahidfashions.com/livehelp/livehelp_js.php....
    will not work because of the / before the http://
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I installed the Crafty Syntax sidebox mod and NOW it is working ALMOST perfectly on my site. Since I have spent most of the day scouring both the zencart and craft syntax forums and found only bits and pieces of answers, yet many people all with similar issues I decided to take a few minutes and post the solutions I found in one place.

I realize this is NOT a Crafty Syntax forum, however, having received so much benefit from Zencart and open-source software I thought it might help a fellow zenner someday that may really need live-chat software and feel like they'll need to PAY for live-chat out or find an alternate e-commerce solution out of desperation...

So here are the steps I took and issues and fixes I encountered:

1. Downloaded and Installed the CS Sidebox mod
    2. Upgraded CS to Version 2.15.0 (via CS website download)

1st ISSUE: the Live Help sidebox was empty

FIX: made an adjustment to the \includes\templates\template_default\sideboxes\tpl_craftysyntax_sidebox.php file

the instructions in the README.TXT in the the instructions read:
    Code:
     // Directory where Crafty Syntax Live Help is installed
    	 $cs_dir = "help";
    'help' should actually be the name of the folder you uploaded Crafty Syntax to (in my case /livehelp). I had originally put 'help' in this space trying to follow instructions I found this solution on another thread on zen forums.

2nd ISSUE: online/offline images were not appearing in the sidebox
    FIX: went into the Crafty Syntax Admin>Departments>Edit and entered the correct URL to the images (about half way down the page) and uploaded the images I want to the corresponding /livehelp/images folder

3rd ISSUE: Chat invites (both pop-up and layer) were not working on the customer side (worked in admin but not when sent to website customers)

FIX: in the tpl_craftysyntax_sidebox.php file I followed the instructions quoted above and removed the two "/" symbols

Now the popups and layers invites are working and I have a FREE working live chat on my zencart store!
    I do still have an issue with the layer invite layout alignment (it lands at the very bottom of the page and then jumps to the top if you stay on the page long enough!) but I'll deal with that when I have time. At least the pop-up invite is working correctly now and I'll just use the pop-up chat invites instead of layers.

I'm running zen version 1.3.8a and a working Crafty Syntax live chat sidebox module can be seen at www.CraftMagick.com

Zencart ROCKS

P.S. I just have to add a HUGE KUDOS to the Zencart Team and the entire Zencart community. I have become VERY spoiled with the fabulous support here and when I went to the Crafty Syntax forums it felt like I was literally So thanks to everyone that makes this wonderful open source project such a huge success and possible for the non-programmer small business owner (like me )

Ya, you guys ROCK !!!
    Last edited by Craft Magick; 6 Apr 2009 at 02:34 AM. Reason: forgot something
    www.ZenCrystals.com
    www.CraftMagick.com
    Magickal & Metaphysical supplies/services

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast