Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Communications Error Billing Address should match

I am on v1.3.9h
    My site is http://tinyurl.com/6r9v7cm
    I have the advanced shipper mod.

Searched all over the forums to find an answer to no avail.

I get a red block that says Communications Error - Please notify webmaster. Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct the information and try again or contact us for further assistance.

Then to the right of Change Address image. Your billing address is shown to the left. The billing address should match the address on your credit card statement. You can change the billing address by clicking the Change Address button.

The address was correct (mine) and I get the same when I am in Testing Mode which is not address specific.

Curl is False

I am using Authorize.net (AIM) and have gone into authorize.net and adjusted all the AVS settings to see if I could get a working combination.

Not sure what else to try. So close to getting this cart rolling.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Communications Error Billing Address should match

"Communications Error" suggests that your store is not able to talk to the Authorize.net server. That would be a hosting problem.

Try the curltester script mentioned here, and add ?authnet=1 to the URL to simulate testing talking to the authnet server.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

This is what I got. The curl test script passes in Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. I sometimes get "28 connect() timed out!" though.
    I find that when I do get that, a retry gets a good result immediately.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That timeout error is something you and your hosting company will have to resolve.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Time out error is resolved, still getting "Communications Error - Please notify webmaster. - Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct the information and try again or contact us for further assistance. and next to Change Address. Your billing address is shown to the left. the billing address should match the address on your credit card statement. You can change the billing address by clicking the Change Address button.

My address is definitely correct, as I am using my card.

Plugin Contributions

Getting Hash error Warning: Security hash problem. Please contact store-owner immediately. Your order has *not* been fully authorized.

Have done Hash multiple times.

My curl gives this at the end.

The following errors have occurred.
    (13) The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive.

EOF

Seems intuitive, but I have checked login many times. there is not a password. I have checked transaction key. and the account is active as I am in it.

stumped!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

For (13) error, contact your merchant account services vendor.

Plugin Contributions

I have contacted my authorize.net. seems to be working. Interestingly enough the charges are going through even though I am getting that error. and it hangs up there.

Could there be a conflict between Payment modules. Not sure how to check what modules are active. I went into Modules > Payment and I have Authorize.net (AIM) as green. Check/Money Order as Green and I put Paypal Express Checkout as Yellow as I thought that may be conflicting somehow.

Puzzling.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rliddle View Post
    Could there be a conflict between Payment modules.
    No .

Plugin Contributions

Well that is one thing to knock off the list. I am at my wits end with this. It should not be that hard to actually collect the money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast