Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Easy Populate Help

Hello,
    I just installed easy populate onto my site and I can't seem to get it to work. I placed all folders in to the corresponding folders on my site and everytime I try to Split EP file I get this error

Warning: fopen(/home/pleasure/public_html/zencart/zencart/temp/zencart.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/pleasure/public_html/zencart/zencart/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1126

Warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/pleasure/public_html/zencart/zencart/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1129

Warning: fopen(/home/pleasure/public_html/zencart/zencart/temp/Split-1-zencart.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/pleasure/public_html/zencart/zencart/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1137

Warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/pleasure/public_html/zencart/zencart/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1141

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/pleasure/public_html/zencart/zencart/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1167

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/pleasure/public_html/zencart/zencart/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1168
    Warning Easy Populate uploads folder not found!
    NIX SERVERS: Your uploads folder is either missing, or you have altered the name and/or directory of your uploads folder without configuring this in Easy Populate.
    WINDOWS SERVERS: Please request your web host to assign write permissions to the uploads folder. This is usually granted through Windows server user account IUSR_COMPUTERNAME.
    Your configuration indicates that your uploads folder is named temp/, and is located in /home/pleasure/public_html/zencart/zencart/, however this cannot be found.
    Easy Populate cannot upload files until you have provided an uploads folder with read/write/execute permissions for the site owner (usually chmod 700 but you may require chmod 777)

I also thought I would let you know I am running version 1.3.8 of Zencart. If anyone can lend a hand or has any advice please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy Populate Help

What VERSION of Easy Populate did you install, and HOW did you install it?

According to the error messages your ZC installation appears to be on a windoze server. Is this correct?
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

I installed version 1.2.5.4. Is that not compatible with my version of zen cart? I also am not sure which type of server I am on. Sorry, I'm pretty new to all of this stuff.

Plugin Contributions

Is your host server a WINDOWS or a LINUX (Apache) server?
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

That I am not sure of.

Plugin Contributions

It's a fundamental question... go to your webhost and find out, because hosting on windoze often requires a different approach to sorting things out - particularly in the way the server handles file and folder permission settings.

(Personally I avoid hosting on a windoze server. Managing the installation is far easier and more reliable on a Linux box. If you are in windows, your host may move you across to a Linux server...)

... but your Easy Populate install has gone haywire...

HOW did you do this install?

Step by step, tell us... HOW and WHAT did you do to install the module?
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

I transferred all of the files into the corresponding folders on my site. Then I logged into my zencart admin, clicked easy populate under tools. At the top of the screen it asked me to install easy populate so I clicked install and that was it. Oh, I also changed the temp file permissions to 700.

I looked on my webhosts site and no where does it say which type of server my site is being hosted on but I asked their forum so hopefully I'll get an answer soon.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Mochajava View Post
    Oh, I also changed the temp file permissions to 700.
    If you were able to do this, you're on Linux...

Try changing the TEMP FOLDER to 700 . Not the files...
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

I'm now receiving this error

Warning: file(/home/pleasure/public_html/zencart/zencart/temp/Split-1-zencart.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/pleasure/public_html/zencart/zencart/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1264

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/pleasure/public_html/zencart/zencart/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1301

Plugin Contributions

It also keeps saying it can't find my uploads folder but I placed it where it said I should.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast