Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag Sudden PayPal problem - No Order No Confirmation Email No Record In Admin

Urgent help needed!!

I’m in need of some really big help/advice!!

Last night I was trying to add a link to my footer,

/includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_footer.php

Since then I noticed that I’m receiving PayPal receipts but no order has been created for the payment -

no email was sent to confirm the order,
    the order is not showing in admin,
    when I click on the individuals profile it shows that they have not placed any orders.

However, the money is there!

I did a test sale and I and paid for an item, I was then redirected back to an older order that was made,

I then done a test sale for a free item and this was ok,

I have jam JROX installed and think I have done something to this but I have been looking and can’t see what I have done,

I have put the site down for maintenance while I try and get to the bottom of this problem but I’m not getting anywhere fast,

Please help!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No Order No Confirmation Email No Record In Admin

Hi there,

I've just started getting the same thing. An IPN from Paypal but no order on zencart and no email from zencart.

I had one order somewhere around 1am (UK time) which i got an IPN from paypal. The ZC email came through about one and half hours later.

Since then I have had two other orders that i have had paypal IPN but no order on my zencart.

I was changing my CSS (colours for text and so on last night) although i can't see how that would cause this sort of problem.

My guess as we're both having same problem is that Paypal have changed something and its gone up the spout again!(I'm guessing that once a payment is made there is a message sent from paypal to the zencart which then finalises the order, this isn't being sent/getting through and so zencart thinks no order has been made) I'm just hoping the orders come through cause theres no way of telling what they have ordered if not.

Plugin Contributions

I don’t think it’s the same problem!!

My site was working fine before I updated the includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_footer.php

We have jam JROXaffiliates program installed and the footer file I edited may have messed things up,

Do you have a back up of your files on your pc? If so reupload the file you changed!! Also download a program names win merge, DRByte recommended it to me and it’s a great way to see what you have changed, it compares the two files and shows you the differences between them,

Best of luck,

Plugin Contributions

I have just phoned paypal and as i suspected they are having technical problems.(unusual for them to admit that in my experience with them) Unfortunately due to the paypal policy of employing telephone staff with barely understandable accents I'm not quite sure whats going on.

What I could understand was that:

They are aware there is a problem and engineers are working on it.

It could take 24-48 hours to fix. (although I would guess thats a covering their a$$ answer)

What I couldn't understand when i explained that without the ZC update and confirmation there is no way of knowing what a customer has ordered. I asked would i deffinately be getting the info from paypal to place/confirm the order order details sent to my ZC admin eventually. The reply sounded something like a cross between a punjab/canadian/klingon hybrid accent and language.

Plugin Contributions

I got the exactly same problem like you two. People order, I can see there is money on my account, but I don't get any confirmation. Neither by mail nor in the shop. Also stock is not deducted. Money transfers and notifications of payment work.

Plugin Contributions

Ok may be I was wrong!!

I have more than one site so I just done a test sale on another and i get the same problem so it must be something to do with PayPal,

Just to be sure I done another test sale using Nochex and the sale went through,

an email was sent to confirm the order,
    the order is showing in admin,
    when I click on the profile the order is showing,

IT’S A PAYPAL PROBLEM

I’m really fed up now cos I have spent all morning thinking I had done something wrong last night

If anybody know when this problem clears please let me know

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sudden PayPal problem - No Order No Confirmation Email No Record In Admin

You can get the latest update about PayPal system status here: http://developer.paypal-portal.com/t...id/mts_updates

BTW -- that link is on the troubleshooting tips page here: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal as the *first* thing to check if problems are occurring.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sudden PayPal problem - No Order No Confirmation Email No Record In Admin

Thanks DrByte,

Ok...
    Looks like it's clearing but I don’t want to speak to soon, I have just had a whole bunch of orders come in at the same time,
    I’ll keep my fingers crossed!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    You can get the latest update about PayPal system status here: http://developer.paypal-portal.com/t...id/mts_updates

BTW -- that link is on the troubleshooting tips page here: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal as the *first* thing to check if problems are occurring.
    A good tip to be sure.

Of note, I've just had an update to an order that was placed about two and half hours ago. Its just turned up both as a ZC email and also on the ZV admin. Just seems like theres a lag.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry DrByte forgot to say thanks for the two links they will come in handy,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast