Image Handler 4 for v1.5.x
PURPOSE & AIM
Image Handler 4 is really meant to ease the management of product images (particularly the management of additional product images), and to help improve page performance by optimizing the product images.
Image Handler 4 generates product images (based on your image settings) in the Image Handler 4 "bmz_cache" folder. It DOES NOT replace or modify the original images. So it's PERFECTLY safe to use on an existing store.
Image Handler 4 enables you to use GD libraries or ImageMagick (if installed on your server) to generate and resize small, medium and large images on the fly on page request. You can simply upload just one image or you can have different sources for medium and large images. Image Handler 4 further enables you to watermark your images (overlay a second specific translucent
image) and have medium or large images pop up when you move your mouse over a small image (fancy hover).
This contribution includes a powerful admin interface to browse your products just like you would with the Attribute Manager and upload / delete / add additional images without having to do this manually via FTP. Image Handler 4 works fine with mass update utilities like EzPopulate.
* Improve site performance (faster loading, faster display)
* Professional looking images (no stair-effects, smooth edges)
* Choose preferred image-types for each image size
* Uploading one image automatically creates small, medium and large images on page request
* Drops in and out seamlessly. No need to redo your images. All images are kept.
* Easy install. One-click-database-upgrade.
* Works with mass-update/-upload tools like EzPopulate.
* Watermark images to prevent competitors from stealing them.
* Fancy image hover functionality lets a larger image pop up whenever you move your mouse above a small image (switchable).
* Choose an image background color matching to match you site's color or select a transparent background for your images.
* Manage your multiple images for products easily from one page just like you do with attributes in the Products Attribute Manager.
Image Handler 4 is meant to ease the work required to setup images for your store. It works WITH default Zen Cart functionality, it does not replace it.
There are a couple of threads which explain what Image Handler IS and more importantly what it is NOT. It is suggested that you read everything before you install Image Handler 4. Here's some additional FAQs which discuss how product images and the override system work in Zen Cart. It is strongly suggested that if you are NEW to Zen Cart and web development that you read these two posts BEFORE you install Image Handler 4.
|Zen Cart® Versions||v1.5.0, v1.5.1|
|Original Author||C Jones/Nigelt74/K Hudson/Nagelkruid/N Collie|
|Last Updated by||DivaVocals - 13 Sep 2013|
|Image Handler 4 for v1.5.x - Version: v4.3.2|
~ Important required changes to modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/additional_images.php to support the changes made to /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/popup_image_additional/tpl_main_page.php in v4.3.1
~ Minor correction to /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/popup_image_additional/tpl_main_page.php
|Image Handler 4 for v1.5.x - Version: v4.3.1|
|Important security update /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/popup_image_additional/tpl_main_page.php to reflect the current Zen Cart code standards|
|Image Handler 4 for v1.5.x - Version: v4.3|
|Function for loading additional images in admin has been fixed (in specific cases it used to load irrelevant images). No other changes.|
|Image Handler 4 for v1.5.x - Version: v4.2|
|Non-working option to "Delete image reference from database only" has been fixed. No other changes.|
|Image Handler 4 for v1.5.x - Version: v4.1a|
- Backup files generated by the auto-installer are now given the OLD.IH4 extension instead of the .BAK extension (which some server configurations disallowed)
- Configuration settings are now consistently and correctly appended to the default Images configuration section
- Updates to the readme file.
** Unzip ALL the files in this archive in order to view the readme. (make sure you keep the files in their respective folder structure) The readme cannot be viewed from the zip file **
|Image Handler 4 for v1.5.x - Version: 4.0|