Plugin Contributions

help question Alphabetical Navigation

Well this will make my sixth attempt to get this question answered. I have been thru all the forums, I have looked at other site structures and still cant figure this out. Someone has got to know how to do this. I desperately need to know how to set this up so my customers can browse by first letter of the alphabet. I have too many products and manufacturers to scroll thru. I am looking for a navigation like a, b, c, clickable letters or a table or something. I am new, I know nothing about jquery, can someone so please explain in newbie terms.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Alphabetical Navigation

As usual, we could use a link to your site. Please don't assume the people here will want to browse your previous posts to see your site.

Do you want the Categories to be alphabetical links, or do you want some other sidebox to include those links?

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Alphabetical Navigation

Thanks for responding. I do not expect or assume for people to browse thru my previous posts to find my site, the link was not included because its on a test server on my pc. As far as the setup, I am looking for the manufacturers to be alphabetical links. (like click on letter G, and it pulls up all the manufacturers beginning with the letter G). Your help is greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Alphabetical Navigation

Ok, so can anybody else help me with doing an alphabetical navigation?

Plugin Contributions

I suggest maybe using Ez-pages. For Example: ez-Page :"A" and so on and then just using internal links to the pages with all products under "A". At least I think that's what you need.

You don't need jQuery necessarily, but I am trying to integrate jQuery myself with Zen Cart and would love any advice or input that anyone has. I don't know if it is possible with the behavior of Zen cart though. Thoughts?

Thanks to the awesome zenners out there in advance!

MCarbone

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CRYSTALDOLL View Post
    Ok, so can anybody else help me with doing an alphabetical navigation?:
    I'm pretty sure you'll need competent PHP programming help with this one. Unless someone has already developed it. Did you check the Free Software Add Ons? (link top-left)

The suggestion above to use an EZ page for each letter or group of letters is correct, I think. But you'll need to dig out how the existing code gets to the categories and manufacturers and all that and then insert your custom code without mucking anything else up. Lots of fun!

If you can't find an existing mod, then you may have to ask in the Commercial Help Wanted section of the forum.

Rob