Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Sudden 30% increase in UPS shipping charges.

For some reason starting this morning my UPS ground shipping increased by 25%. I have had several orders today and when I double checked them in UPS Worldship they were all about 30% higher than Worldship. My orders from last night and earlier are fine. They match UPS Worldship perfectly. I have not made any changes in the shipping module in the last few weeks. iIeven checked it out and it is as it should be. Does anybody have any ideas? Should I call UPS?
    Thanks in advance.
    Paul Hall

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sudden 30% increase in UPS shipping charges.

We are having the same problem. I turned off the residential button in the shipping options section and that seemed to solve the problem. I can only assume that the shipping estimator now automatically assumes residential addresses, whereas last year it wasn't. I think without turning off the RES buttom, we are charging double the residential fee.

Plugin Contributions

Hello Chandlers,
    I switched from RES to COM and that did reduce the shipping cost some but it is still not right. We sell wood products, mainly cedar closet linings, so all of our shipments are UPS ground. On a 55 lb package to California the actual UPS ground shipping is $40.64 from my zip but the UPS shipping Module in Zen cart shows $59.80 That is a huge difference. My guess is that we are losing around $500.00 in orders per day because of this problem. I hope someone can help me solve this before its to late. I bet allot of Zen cart users are having this problem but do not know that they have it. Again everything worked fine until the 1/1/11
    Paul Hall

Plugin Contributions

Have you asked your UPS rep ?

Plugin Contributions

UPS rates did go up as 1/1/11, but not as much as the store calculator has raised them. Our cart is charging on average $5 too much, hopefully someone knows how to fix this... I am currently headed to ups.com to do some research...

Plugin Contributions

According to the UPS site "...There are no significant enhancements to the APIs for January 2011..." hmmmm

Plugin Contributions

For the time being I made the following change to the checkout_shipping.php file.
    Remember to use the override system when changing core files...
    From this:
    Code:
    define('TEXT_CHOOSE_SHIPPING_METHOD', 'Please select the preferred shipping method to use on this order. <br /><br /><strong>NOTE:</STRONG>&nbsp;Customer is responsible for any and all import taxes and/or duties on products purchased.');
    To this:
    Code:
    define('TEXT_CHOOSE_SHIPPING_METHOD', 'Please select the preferred shipping method to use on this order. <br /><br /><strong>NOTE:</STRONG>&nbsp;Customer is responsible for any and all import taxes and/or duties on products purchased. <br /><br />We are currently experiencing issues with UPS shipping rates. If you are over charged you will be refunded the difference at the time of shipping. We apologize for the inconvenience.');

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MountainWilliam View Post
    Hello Chandlers,
    I switched from RES to COM and that did reduce the shipping cost some but it is still not right. ....
    1.3.8a
    My packages generally sound a lot smaller but this is what I did as well.

For me setting it to commercial jived with the UPS calculated rate using the pre-paid selection on the UPS site's calculator and entering the account number. Tested with a 4 pound package.

We actually still use a UPS label book so we get invoiced rather then pre-paying per. se. but I did verify on the phone with UPS not only the rate but also that the prepaid selection is the one we should use for finding rates. The selection used to say something like "I will give the package to my UPS driver or..." but that selection is no longer available.

Making the change to commercial made the two rates agree identically for me. Keeping an eye on it.
    Last edited by Jeffey; 4 Jan 2011 at 08:46 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Has anyone found a resolution to this? I have tried every setting and nothing gets me close to what it should be. I have set the package tare to 0 and set UPS to COM and am still 20% too high.

Plugin Contributions

Don-
    I switched over to the UPS XML module found here:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/...
    It works properly...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast