Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Error message when going to payment page

Okay, I tried integrating PayPal Express Checkout before buying Website Payments Pro, but I was getting this error message. I figured I had to upgrade to WPP, so I did, but I'm still getting this error message:

(18) transfer closed with -1 bytes remaining to read
    That's the message I get emailed with the subject "ALERT: PayPal Express Checkout Error ()".

User is in their cart, on my checkout page, selects PayPal Express Checkout as their payment method, and when they click Submit (I assume this is where they should be taken to PayPal's page), they get that error. Actually, it looks like this on my site:

An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. () - (18) transfer closed with -1 bytes remaining to read
    I've copied and pasted all of my API information (username, password, signature) and I've double and triple checked it and I know I've that part correctly (I've re-copied and re-pasted it to make absolutely sure).

I've installed Payments Pro on my site as well, and using the credit card form directly on my site yields the same error message. HELP!!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Error message when going to payment page

That's a CURL error coming from your webserver.
    It has nothing to do with your PayPal account.

Please post a link to the /extras/curltest.php file on your server.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Who is your hosting company?

If it's 1and1, then perhaps they've got you on a server using an old version of CURL.
    http://www.pdncommunity.com/pdn/boar...ge.id=482#M482

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

My hosting company is I-Dentity (http://www.i-dentity.com/).

Here is the cURL info based on what the server info page on Zen Cart says:

CURL support enabled
    CURL Information libcurl/7.10.5 OpenSSL/0.9.7c zlib/1.1.3
    If my version is insufficient, how would I go about having my hosting company update it? If they can't or won't, what are my alternatives?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It seems it needs to be using libcurl/7.15.1 or newer.

I suggest you point them to the article about it and ask them to upgrade it.

If they won't, there are several recommended Zen-Cart-friendly hosting companies on the "hosting" page ... see the link at the top of this screen.

Okay... thank you for the information and recommendations. I've opened a ticket with my hosting company. I hope they are willing to assist!

Hey, Doc. Hope you're still monitoring this thread!

My hosting company upgraded curl on my box (after I politely suggested I might have to look elsewhere if they didn't). They have apparently implemented it, and in fact, if I type "curl -V" at a command prompt, I get:

curl 7.15.4 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.15.4 zlib/1.1.3
    Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict ldap http file
    Features: Largefile libz
    HOWEVER, when I am in Zen Cart admin, and I go to the server info page, it still shows the version of curl that was previously installed. Is there an option or something I need to do inside of ZC? Do I have to do some sort of restart within the console?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Hmmm ... I'm not sure exactly.
    They might have to restart apache for the curl version details to be reflected in PHP info.

They've restarted apache, and my ZC console still shows the previous version. Any other ideas?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast