Zen Cart Logo
Forums / Addon Shipping Modules / CEON Advanced Shipper

CEON Advanced Shipper

Views: 2,183

Results 1 to 15 of 15
16 Jan 2025, 10:28 AM
#1
torvista avatar

torvista

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Aug 2007
Location:
Gijón, Asturias, Spain
Posts:
2,874
Plugin Contributions:
7

CEON Advanced Shipper

This commercial plugin is still a viable option to cover all shipping needs.

I've been using it forever and there is almost no scenario it cannot deal with.
This is not advertising but fact.

The code is excellent due to the superb efforts of the original creator Conor Kerr (RIP) but the subsequent development/support has been "inconsistent", for multiple reasons.

Since there is no chance I would ever drop this plugin, I have a private GitHub where I was maintaining just patches for the current version, but I've now gone much further to spring clean many files, which hopefully will be incorporated by Ceon Support at some point, or not. Whatever.

Current users can pm me for access if they wish to post issues or improvements, or can post issues here to reach the wider user base.

Aside: the discussion of commercial offerings was not permitted previously. I believe that to be now moot. Users should be aware of what is still available out there and if it's good or bad.

17 Feb 2025, 12:46 PM
#2
heathenmagic avatar

heathenmagic

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
May 2005
Location:
England
Posts:
733
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: CEON Advanced Shipper

Hi Steve,
Is this module still available and okay for php 8 at all? I used to use a long time ago when Conor was still with us (RIP). I was hoping to use somehow to allow European countries to show if a certain manufacturer items are in the basket. To do with EU GSPR laws really. Though maybe a simple php call might suffice, am not sure?

17 Feb 2025, 3:10 PM
#3
torvista avatar

torvista

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Aug 2007
Location:
Gijón, Asturias, Spain
Posts:
2,874
Plugin Contributions:
7

Re: CEON Advanced Shipper

It still looks purchaseable:
https://ceon.net/shipping-modules/ceon-advanced-shipper-module

I have my version in production on php 8.3 and on a local server with 8.4.

Aside, I don't understand what you are trying to achieve.

17 Feb 2025, 5:43 PM
#4
heathenmagic avatar

heathenmagic

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
May 2005
Location:
England
Posts:
733
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: CEON Advanced Shipper

torvista:

It still looks purchaseable:
https://ceon.net/shipping-modules/ceon-advanced-shipper-module

I have my version in production on php 8.3 and on a local server with 8.4.

Aside, I don't understand what you are trying to achieve.

Yes I probably didn't explain it properly as usual lol, my bad. So 'Manufacturer A' lets say has clearance for us to send to any country in Europe. Other manufacturers. So if a customer places items from this manufactuer only, then shipping to Europe will show. IF they place even an item from say 'Manufacturer B' in the cart, it will stop shipping to Europe show. Thats the best I can sum it up, I know its a bit of a mess logistics wise, but EU makes the rules now.

18 Feb 2025, 10:43 AM
#5
torvista avatar

torvista

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Aug 2007
Location:
Gijón, Asturias, Spain
Posts:
2,874
Plugin Contributions:
7

Re: CEON Advanced Shipper

In a vanilla shop I set up a single method that was only valid for one manufacturer.

When I added a second product from a different manufacturer, there was a warning on the shipping page that there was no method for that product, but the purchase was allowed, using the method of the allowed product.

So, since there is a detection of a product being outside the method, it should be relatively easy to leverage that to actually disable the method with a warning.

Everything is always possible..just depends on the time-money you want to invest in it!

18 Feb 2025, 2:23 PM
#6
heathenmagic avatar

heathenmagic

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
May 2005
Location:
England
Posts:
733
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: CEON Advanced Shipper

torvista:

In a vanilla shop I set up a single method that was only valid for one manufacturer.

When I added a second product from a different manufacturer, there was a warning on the shipping page that there was no method for that product, but the purchase was allowed, using the method of the allowed product.

So, since there is a detection of a product being outside the method, it should be relatively easy to leverage that to actually disable the method with a warning.

Everything is always possible..just depends on the time-money you want to invest in it!

Thanks for that and your advice. That sounds like a good setup, and also some sort of warning / disclaimer would be helpful for the customer. I will get on this as soon as I get 2.1 zencart updated and working, still on 1.58a at moment.

18 Feb 2025, 7:25 PM
#7
edjac avatar

edjac

New Zenner

Join Date:
Oct 2008
Posts:
9
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: CEON Advanced Shipper

Hi,
Would you be so kind and clarify which ZenCart version you are using with this:

CEON Advance Shipper (Re-released 01/05/2017 CAS 6.0, Current Version CAS 6.06 - https://ceon.net/shipping-modules/ceon-advanced-shipper-module)

,and you mentioned you are on 8.3php, is that correct, just making sure.

Thank you in advance.

18 Feb 2025, 7:36 PM
#8
edjac avatar

edjac

New Zenner

Join Date:
Oct 2008
Posts:
9
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: CEON Advanced Shipper

torvista:

It still looks purchaseable:
https://ceon.net/shipping-modules/ceon-advanced-shipper-module

I have my version in production on php 8.3 and on a local server with 8.4.

Aside, I don't understand what you are trying to achieve.

Hi,
Would you be so kind and clarify which ZenCart version you are using with this:

CEON Advance Shipper (Re-released 01/05/2017 CAS 6.0, Current Version CAS 6.06 - https://ceon.net/shipping-modules/ceon-advanced-shipper-module)

,and you mentioned you are on 8.3php, is that correct, just making sure.

Thank you in advance.

18 Feb 2025, 9:50 PM
#9
torvista avatar

torvista

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Aug 2007
Location:
Gijón, Asturias, Spain
Posts:
2,874
Plugin Contributions:
7

Re: CEON Advanced Shipper

My fileset started from a Ceon file downloaded 19/05/2023:
ceon_advanced_shipper_6.zip
containing folder "ceon_advanced_shipper_6.0.7_for_zc".

Which I believe is what is still currently offered for sale on the CEON site.

But my fileset has the fixes for php8.4 and tweaks to work under strict reporting and all pages in strict mode.

19 Feb 2025, 1:44 PM
#10
edjac avatar

edjac

New Zenner

Join Date:
Oct 2008
Posts:
9
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: CEON Advanced Shipper

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it.
I will have to give it a go and see whether it works.

19 Feb 2025, 9:15 PM
#11
jimmie avatar

jimmie

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Jan 2013
Location:
New Port Richey, Florida
Posts:
971
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: CEON Advanced Shipper

usps and ups no longer work if your needing that as well. fedex works but on its way out

19 Feb 2025, 10:31 PM
#12
torvista avatar

torvista

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Aug 2007
Location:
Gijón, Asturias, Spain
Posts:
2,874
Plugin Contributions:
7

Re: CEON Advanced Shipper

usps and ups no longer work

Just to clarify, do you mean the methods used to communicate with these services have been retired, and so some work is required to integrate with their current apis?

24 May 2025, 12:50 AM
#13
jimmie avatar

jimmie

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Jan 2013
Location:
New Port Richey, Florida
Posts:
971
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: CEON Advanced Shipper

torvista:

Just to clarify, do you mean the methods used to communicate with these services have been retired, and so some work is required to integrate with their current apis?

That is correct ups stopped working but fedex and usps are on their way out as well,

24 May 2025, 3:36 PM
#14
torvista avatar

torvista

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Aug 2007
Location:
Gijón, Asturias, Spain
Posts:
2,874
Plugin Contributions:
7

Re: CEON Advanced Shipper

That is correct ups stopped working but fedex and usps are on their way out as well,

None of which I use/have access to, so that's not on my todo list.

26 Jun 2026, 2:05 AM
#15
jimmie avatar

jimmie

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Jan 2013
Location:
New Port Richey, Florida
Posts:
971
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: CEON Advanced Shipper

Fixes for UPS, USPS and FEDEX now fixed, plus added dimensional suport. also included is FREIGHTQUOTE as another carrier option.