Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question styling product listing pages with column layout grid

Hi all,

hope you can help - Im using Zen cart V. 1.38 with the column layout / grid layout mod (for 1.3.8). I know you guys appreciate page shots / links, but unfortunately, the site is currently locked down.

Basically, with the 3 column layout grid installed on the product listing pages, the product 'title', 'price' and 'more info' attributes appear centred beneath one another, with an awful lot of space around each one. Basically, what I would like to do is produce a product layout where these three attributes are displayed in a containing DIV, with the product title and price next to each other and the more info button floating right.

I could astyle this DIV using css, no problem. What I'm unable to do is locate in product_listing.php where I can insert this wrapping DIV in the PHP code... I dont know enough PHP to do this. I would also need to add a class to the 'price' attribute also.

Can anyone please help? Im sure there must be plenty of you out there who have needed something similar!

With thanks,

Dan.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: styling product listing pages with column layout grid

having the same problem too .. I have a huge gap in between prices. I have had a rumage around in tpl_columnar_display etc with no luck

Plugin Contributions

This may be a good place to post my new mod, Flexible Product Listing (currently identified as v0.9 since I haven't been able to test it live on my (v1.3.7) test site.)

It includes two flavors, the full flex which incorporates the option of Column Grid and can reposition elements of the listing in just about any way imaginable, and the CSS-only which just adds classes to the standard layout for styling control.

The readme with instructions is not complete, so ask for any directions you need if you try it. It is written for Zen Cart v1.3.8, and will not run correctly on earlier versions (due to changes in product_listing.php).

Please let me know how it works, and thanks for testing!
    Last edited by gjh42; 8 Jul 2008 at 04:45 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks this sounds like just what I need - I tried it on my test 1.37 site and just got a blank screen so I am going to use this opportunity to upgrade to 1.38 and then check it out.

Plugin Contributions

Does the Column Layout Grid mod need to be installed, or does this include that function? Reason I ask is that I don't see the SQL statement in this mod. Do we run the SQL from the Column Grid mod?

Plugin Contributions

Ah, good point. I just zipped up the files yesterday after some months of not working on it, so I forgot that the SQL file should have been included in the package.

I have redone the zip to include the SQL file and the original Column Grid instructions.
    Last edited by gjh42; 19 Jan 2009 at 09:15 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Is there a url to see this mod live?
    http://www.minshop.no
    Zen Cart 1.3.8a | Easy Populate Mod 1.2.5.4 | Newsletter Subscribe v 2.1.0 | Image Handler 2 |

Plugin Contributions

Not yet. If someone who installs it will post a link, that would be helpful.

Plugin Contributions

I've just installed it and it's not working... :/ (Probably because I'm an idiot...)

http://kimscreations.com/zen/index.p...dex&cPath=3_30

(That's the only page I have so far.) I've set it to show 3 columns in the Admin -> Product Listing page, but it's only showing 1. Did I have to edit something in the actual coding as well?

And see the lines of text underneath "Displaying 1 to 4"... How do I get rid of those? I hate deleting parts of the code without asking, just in case I delete the wrong thing.

While I'm here... You don't happen to know how to get rid of the line under the "Buy Now" box that says Max: 1, do you?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

The Column Grid mod should be controllable in admin. Changing the individual product layout happens partly by editing code in product_listing.php and partly by styling the new classes in the stylesheet.
    You are not getting any of the class tags that the Flex Listing code adds, so it doesn't seem as if the files are installed correctly. I have torun - will check in when I can.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast