Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Confused - why two credit cards, one w/o info ?

I've looked through the forums but I'm still confused about setting up my credit card (Authorize.net) module.

First, I had two credit card radio buttons -- the first with no fields (and no backend process to speak of), and the second with all the right fields and what appears to be authorization. (Although I'm thinking -- after reading these forums -- that I need to check the Authorize site.)

I had five modules active: Authorize.net (SIM), Credit Card (Offline), Zen freecharger, moneyorder, and purchaseorder, and ZC 1.3.8a.

Then I disabled cc (offline) -- which made my second set (with fields) disappear -- and freecharger -- which didn't seem to have any affect.

So now, I have no credit card fields and am never asked for any credit card info.

ZC seems to have accepted all my Auth.net info and the site is giving me the alert that it is in testing mode, so I think I have a good connection to Auth.net. And so why are there no fields??

Thanks,
    Tim

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Confused - why two credit cards, one w/o info ?

If you have your SIM module in "offsite" mode, you won't be offered the option of entering CC details, because it'll take your customers to the authorize.net site to collect payment. This is something you only want to do if you refused to get your own SSL certificate for your site.

If you have an SSL certificate protecting your site, you're better off using the AIM module instead, as it's a more seamless experience for your customers, since they will enter their payment details directly on your site.

Oh, and you probably want to re-enable the freecharger module since it's required in order to checkout if a customer's purchase ends up being 'free' for any reason.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. Yeah, the choice to get an SSL certificate is not mine, but rather my client's -- who is trying to do everything on the cheap. (I may succeed in convincing him, nonetheless.)

But still, why are there two "Credit Card" radio buttons? BTW, the setting with the fields only works with Authorize.net auth codes. I'm guessing this is a good thing -- the card is getting "approved" -- but I still don't see anything on the Authorize.net end.

--Tim

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm not following your question about 2 radio buttons, nor your comment about auth codes.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the quick reply. Here is a screen shot of the payment options:

Why are there two "Credit Card" options? One without fields?

BTW, I'm using default sort order here (all set to "0"). Also, BTW, I have re-enabled freecharger and cc (offline), so my list of enabled modules is what I first stated in this thread.

Nevermind about Auth.net comments.

Thanks,
    Tim

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The first one is your Authorize.net SIM module, in offsite mode.
    The second is your Offline Credit Card module.

Plugin Contributions

Ah, OK, I think I'm beginning to understand.

So the text I will see in testing mode is going to be something like this?:

The following errors have occurred.
    (13) The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive.
    And when I put the cart into production mode, then the SIM will take me to Authorize.net for the final step (putting in CC info)? Correct?

Thanks,
    Tim

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The error you mentioned is something you'll receive whether in testing mode or production ... if you've entered invalid merchant details.

And, whether in testing mode or production mode, the SIM module will take you to the authorize.net site when you click Confirm at the end of checkout.

Plugin Contributions

Great info. Thanks! I spent a lot of time frustrated today that I wasn't sure whether my tests were doing anything.

--Tim

Plugin Contributions

I got my module working with Authorize.net. But I have one final question:

The Auth.net email says my transaction (auth & capture) was approved (with dummy card number and a real one), but I'm getting returned to the payment types screen in ZenCart with an error saying "There has been an error processing your credit card. Please try again."

Is this a result of being in test mode?

Thanks,
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast