Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Zen Cart UPS Rate not Matching Real UPS Rates

This is the first time that I've set up shipping for a Zen Cart store for UPS. The site I'm working on can be found at www.nealsmithdesigns.com. The real UPS rates are higher. Can someone help? Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zen Cart UPS Rate not Matching Real UPS Rates

Does this FAQ answer your question? https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=85

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

No, I fixed the weight problem. The problem is the price for shipping a 110 pound weight on www.nealsmithdesigns.com is less than the price for shipping a 110 pound weight on UPS.com.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The rates quoted via the built-in UPS module in Zen Cart at the present time only consider the weight and origin/destination zip codes. Are there other factors you're using on ups.com to get different rates?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I didn't set any other factors. I set the package to go from Grantville, GA 30220 to Grantville, GA 30220 and chose the Quick Time and Cost (Package) for a 100 pound package. Here's the UPS url:

https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/request?loc=en_US

The cost on the UPS.com site ended up being $67.51 for ground. The cost in my Zen Cart store for ground is $46.24. I set one item's weight to 100 pounds for test purposes. Here's the URL to the product:

http://nealsmithdesigns.com/index.ph...roducts_id=240

You can go through and get to where the shipping rates are displayed and see the difference. Any help is greatly appreciated. I haven't set up a certificate for the domain name. I'm using a shared certificate as of right now.

Plugin Contributions

It really depends on the choices you make in the UPS ZenCart settings:

The UPS price ZenCart will provide depends on the UPS Pickup Method:

(CC - Customer Counter, RDP - Daily Pickup, OTP - One Time Pickup, LC - Letter Center, OCA - On Call Air)

Also depends on the Setting:
    Residential Delivery?
    Quote for Residential (RES) or Commercial Delivery (COM)

I have been playing around with this a lot and I can never get the ZenCart UPS price charged to my customer be the same as the actual price charged to me by UPS. I suspect this is because sometimes my product goes to a Commercial address and sometimes to a Residential address.

I have exactly the same issue you have, where my actual UPS charge to me was lower than the UPS ZenCart charge to my customer.

In order to fix this, I simply configured ZenCart UPS Module to add a Handling Fee of $4, which is the average amound I have noticed typically being the difference between the amount my customer pays and what I actually get charged.

It would be great if DrByte comes back with a more ellegant answer to your question, which has been a problem for me as well.

This is my site: www.PoolPresent.com

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Are you supplying any product dimensions when you request a quote on their website?
    Zen Cart doesn't currently let you do that, so therefore it obtains quotes without considering size factors.

Plugin Contributions

I'm not supplying any dimensions on the UPS site. These are the dimensions I have set up in Zen Cart:

UPS Method: CC
    UPS Packaging: CP
    Residential Delivery? RES

My Zen Cart store is quoting $46.24 for Ground and UPS.com is quoting $67.95.

Plugin Contributions

I have a suggestion for a possible cause. Your item is 100 lbs. You seem to be assuming that this entire amount will ship in a single box. It is possible that you set the maximum weight per box, such that zen cart assumes more boxes than listed. This would change the price, and would produce a different value from your direct checking based on the 1 box that you assume. To test this, drop the weight to 10 pounds and see if it is still incorrect.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Good point.

What are all your settings set to in Admin->Configuration->Shipping/Packaging ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast