Plugin Contributions

Default some fine tuning help please.

Web: www.jdmauto.ca

I've been playing around with the stylesheet the last few days and have figured out how to change the spacing of the categories and center the text.

I want to know if there is a way to change the thumbnail's whitespace color, the whitespace that's automatically generated to fill up the gap of the image to the make it a certain dimension. (The whitespace shown on this page.

A second tuning I'd like to do is to separate the cells a bit. I know how to add borders and margins, but I want to have the category image and text in a little box for each category. An example can be found HERE.

I don't need it to look exactly the same, i know that site used images for the corners and the lines, I just want to be able to have that "black" space in between them, as of now when I add the background colour, it all changes to the grey you will see on jdmauto.ca and if I add borders, it will just add the lines, but I can't seem to figure out how to put some padding in between them. I have tried to change the stylesheet and added padding, but it only stretched the columns, but unable to give me the space I wanted.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
    Cyrus

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: some fine tuning help please.

I want to know if there is a way to change the thumbnail's whitespace color, the whitespace that's automatically generated to fill up the gap of the image to the make it a certain dimension.
    This white is part of your image - using your graphic editor you can matt them on a background to match a color you specify and change them in batch mode

If in photoshop this is called an "action"
    but I want to have the category image and text in a little box for each category
    Create an image for this - again with a matching background color to your site and at a size to match the full space - inside of this matt create the smaller box

apply this as a background image in your stylesheet attached to .categoryListBoxContents and add it if does not currently exist
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Hi Kobra,

The white is not part of my image. It's a filler space zen cart uses to make the image a certain size and not the proportion of the image.

I will try the image for the category boxes.

Cyrus

Plugin Contributions

I won't necessarily say you're wrong, but I've never seen that happen on a Zencart site before. Sure it isn't something your Template Monster template is doing? You could temporarily switch back to the 'classic' template and supply a color for the background to find out.

Plugin Contributions

It looks like an image handling program is taking your variously-proportioned images and fitting them all onto a 100x75 background. So you are not doing it, and neither is Zen Cart.

Plugin Contributions

go directly to your image at
    http://www.jdmauto.ca/store/images/t...cef-100x75.jpg

This should be the image you uploaded > copy it or save it and open it in a graphic editor and you will see that it is 100x75 and has white at the top and the bottom

Either way this is the image that Zen Cart is using
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Hmm... apparently there's a car named Fit(GD) which is the one I clicked to check on.

Plugin Contributions

nono... it only happens when i turn on "Image - Use Proportional Images on Products and Categories" under "Admin"

not to be ignorant or a jerk, but when i turn ON the "use proportinal images.." the white sides appear to fill the space to make the image be "resized" to look great like the original yet fit the 100x75.

My original question is when i turn on the "use proportional images..." can i change the white the appears to grey or something. Reason being is that I don't want the site to look messy with different picture sizes.. that and honestly, i'm lazy to resize everything hence i'm using the tool under Admin>Configuration>Images to make it happen..

does that make more sense?

Thanks,
    Cyrus