Plugin Contributions

customer issue Can I remove the need for customer password? and use number instead of email address?

Yeah, I know what you're thinking but here's an explanation: I'm using Zen-Cart locally, as an intranet web application and I don't really need a password validation since my "customers" are all internal.

I'm actually trying to change the email field for a Customer Number instead, among a lot of other customizations. So stay tuned, more questions will surely come soon.

I've searched through the forum long enough to notice this approach is quite unusual, so please help! Any ideas would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Xavier

ZenCart 1.3.8a running on:
    SuSe 10.3
    Apache 2.2.4
    PHP 5.2.5
    MySQL 5.0.45

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I remove the need for customer password? and use number instead of email addr

You could do either of these things but you'd have to write software. The removal of the password strikes me as odd - don't other apps on your intranet have passwords? At any rate, if you want to code up these changes (or hire them done) they are certainly achievable.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Support
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I remove the need for customer password? and use number instead of email addr

Thanks swguy.

I spent a few hours modifying html layouts, some java validations and it works for me now. It's a question of searching for the right snip of code, not an easy task but once you get used to, it gets a little less messy.

I'm not sure yet if any databases should be changed as well... let's see what happens.

Cheers!

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    You could do either of these things but you'd have to write software. The removal of the password strikes me as odd - don't other apps on your intranet have passwords? At any rate, if you want to code up these changes (or hire them done) they are certainly achievable.

Plugin Contributions

Be sure to make good notes about your changes so that your upgrade experience will be smooth. When I change a core file, I back up the original as ".orig", so that when I go to upgrade, all I have to do is find *.orig, and I'll know what merges I need to do.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Support
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.