Plugin Contributions

Default AustPost module won't work with spaces in postal code. How can I fix it?

Zen Cart Version 1.3.0.2.

A new client has notified me that he was wanting to purchase blah blah....However he could not get past stage 1 of the check out process....So I quickly logged myself in and tried to duplicate his problem. I am using Australia Post module on the above Vs of Zen Cart. My client was in Canada. My findings were these when creating an account in the USA (post code 33316 for somewhere in Florida) or post code in Australia 4212 (for somewhere in QLD) no problems...
    However I have found this that for the United Kingdom BH22 8SD & Canada post N1M 2W3 will not allow check out (i wonder how many clients gave up)...The problem is simple if you know it...which is to join the post code up to form one word.... N1M2W3 and then you are away. So I need to basically 1 either fix the code so it does not stop the checkout or write next to the post/zip code box when they create the account a small note in red saying (No Gaps please)... If anyone could help me with this it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance
    Best Regards
    Renz
    Dedicated student
    ohh site if anyone needs to try it.. http://www.colourshield.com/store

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: AustPost module won't work with spaces in postal code. How can I fix it?

Hi Renz
    I have also started to have this problem with spaces in the post/zip code box.
    I also added a note at the login screen "which most ppl read and remove there spaces" but there's always a few ppl that get stuck.

Have you found any type of workaround for this problem?

I'm using zencart 1.3.7

The site I have the problem with is www.stillmomentsnursery.com

I had a look at your site http://www.colourshield.com/store and added some products to the shopping cart then hit the estimated shipping cost and it seems to be working even with spaces in the post code.. Did you find a solution or is it only occurring during checkout.

Any help would be appreciated..

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: AustPost module won't work with spaces in postal code. How can I fix it?

Hi Tim,

I did indeed find a solution and frankly it is quite an easy fix, I was not aware of the problem until some frustrated client finally wrote me a letter.....who knows how many walked away because Aaustralia Post does not recognise Post Codes, with spaces. Anyway A fellow called Access posted the solution back in 2005, which I have applied to my Zen vs 1.3.0.2.

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25293

I have also made a change to the error message prompting people to click update to get their estimate, which works well.

If I can be of further help pls let me know......
    Regards
    Renz

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Renz that solution worked perfectly for me....

Thanks for the fast reply..