Plugin Contributions

Default Email Marketing Input Needed

Hello Everyone,

I must confess, this issue is bigger than ZenCart, but not sure where else to post this. I need to get input and advice on managing email marketing ... but not just from one ZenCart store.

We have multiple storefronts ... a couple of ZenCart storefronts, a couple of osCommerce storefronts, and Ebay/Paypal and Amazon storefronts. All of which we acquire customers through.

If the stores were very unique in their products, I'd just have multiple mailing lists ... but I'd like to have all customers added into one big marketing list.

Problem is, I can always go to each of my stores and export customer emails into a mailing list program, but don't want to do that everytime. Plus, if they unsubscribe in the mailing list program, you risk accidentally adding them again next time you export customers from a store.

Then, there are the customers you get from a sale on Amazon, Ebay, PriceGrabber, etc. I'd like to market to them after-the-sale. I can manually add them into a mailing program (much easier than trying to manually create customer accounts in our ZenCart) ....

See the dilemma? How is the best way to do this ... anyone doing something like this successfully. For example, on "Site A" ... there may be 1,000 customers ... but another 1,000 customers bought the same "products" off Ebay or Amazon ... so, I've got 2,000 potential customers who are interested in the same products ... but don't want to send multiple emails to different groups.

Thanks in advance,
    Fred

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Email Marketing Input Needed

Take a look at MailChimp. They allow people to subscribe (or you to add them, if you have permission), so your email list is consolidated to one location. There's a sidebox to handle subscribes for Zen Cart and other integrations are added periodically.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Default Email Marketing

Hi
    Email center is a trusted email marketing partner for over 500 leading UK organizations.I browsed this email marketing site which is best to browse. So if you are interested then you can land

http://www.emailcenteruk.com

Plugin Contributions

Have used this in the past worked across all the carts that used mysql. Inout Mailing List Manager
    • 446F63746F722057686F •

Plugin Contributions

Have you take a look at the open source software "phplist". There is also a module to integrate it with ZenCart (although I've not tried that)

Plugin Contributions

I have written a program for Zen Cart that works from within the newsletter manager. It will send out any newsletter (email) in the newsletter manager to either all customers or just newsletter subscribers. It will also throttle down the sending rate to 1 email per X seconds, where X is whatever you like. If X is 8 then you are sending 480 emails per hour.

Since it works directly off the database it eliminates the need to utilize or maintain a separate database or program like MailChimp, PHPList or DADAMail.

It is not as full featured as these outside programs, but it is simple to use, and rather bulllet-proof. It has a display that shows the count as it progresses, puts out a report and if you lose your connection in the middle of the send, it will pick right back up where it stopped.

I have been using it now for about 6 months. If there was interest in such a program, I would post it as a contribution. I would really like to see how more experienced programmers could improve on it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by npn2531 View Post
    I have written a program for Zen Cart that works from within the newsletter manager... It will also throttle down the sending rate to 1 email per X seconds...
    If there was interest in such a program, I would post it as a contribution. I would really like to see how more experienced programmers could improve on it.
    I'd be interested. Or email/PM me & send it to me in a zip file.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I'm interested in this contribution too. Any chance that it can be made available. Can you email me a copy?
    Cheers
    Dave T

Plugin Contributions

Another interested person. I am just having to find a solution as my server limit is 800 per hr and I am at 790.