Plugin Contributions

Default Payment modules problem -- can't see PayPal

Hi

I have a bit of an odd problem (at least I think so).

I can't seem to find the PayPal payment option in Modules -> Payment modules. In other words, it is not listed.

I checked the includes/modules/payment directory of my server and all the paypal files and directory seem intact, with paypal.php, paypaldp.php and paypalwpp.php. The paypal directory contains a logs sub directory and 6 files.

More puzzling is the fact that when I go to the payment modules page (modules -> payment), although payment methods are listed, the section to edit settings is missing, In other words, there's only the list, and if I click on a payment method to edit it, I cannot see the edit/remove/install section of the page. There should be a section to edit the settings as with the other modules.

Don't know what I did to cause this, but did install a local payment gateway module (Mobile88), and would now like to add PayPal as well as I have just activated my account.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal problem

If it's only drawing "half" of the page, it's probably dying because of a PHP error in one or more of your files ... likely in your addon module.

If you delete the files for your recently-added module, things will likely go back to normal.

Or you can try to troubleshoot the errors your site is experiencing using this:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payment modules problem -- can't see PayPal

Hi DrByte

Thanks for this.

It looks like I made some changes to the page displaying the payment types from the admin section.

The problem is, I have no idea which page it is. Could you help please?

The page that I am looking for is displayed when I click on Modules -> Payment (URL is: admin/modules.php?set=payment)

Any other pages that I should look into?

Thanks for helping. Really appreciate it.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payment modules problem -- can't see PayPal

Sorry, forgot to add that I tried what you suggested, but no errors where encountered.

It's probably a comment or something like that which I would have to remove.

Thanks again.