Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Ultimate SEO URL help needed!

I added all the files to a clean install and i can only access my main page... If i try and go to a product it comes up with a 404 error... from my understanding that should not happen...

am I writing my htaccess file incorrectly? what should i write where /shop/ is?

Also... my SEO URL page in my admin section is in spanish.... does anyone have a link to where i can get this that page in english?? that would probably help me out in getting this figured out!!!

Thank in advance!!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ultimate SEO URL help needed!

There is some confusion in the downloads section for the last couple of Ultimate SEO URL downloads. Sounds like you downloaded the most current one:

Version: 2.106
    Last Updated: Apr 28 2008
    Author: Sergio Guerrero

Which seems to be a Spanish version.

You can try downloading / installing this version and just upload over your current USEO files.

Author: antz.bin######################
    Version: 2.106
    Zen Cart™ Version: v1.3.8
    Update added on Jan 21 2008
    Download Now!
    File size: 47626 bytes

Mind you, you should do a database backup first or, if things get really bad and since this is clean install, remove all previous files & database then start again from scratch.

Plugin Contributions

this one is also spanish, right?

Plugin Contributions

For some odd reason after having installed the spanish version you can no longer overwrite the language, even after uninstalling Ultimate SEO and re-installing several times. The language stays the same. I see no language files in this module so where is the language coming from?

Plugin Contributions

I found the answer. The language portion of the admin is directly installed into the database so it will not change no matter what you do. It has to be done on the DB directly. I have yet to figure out where though.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Ultimate SEO URL help needed!

I added all the files to a clean install and i can only access my main page... If i try and go to a product it comes up with a 404 error... from my understanding that should not happen...

am I writing my htaccess file incorrectly? what should i write where /shop/ is?
    I have this same problem except I do not have any spanish files, thank goodness!

What in the WORLD am I doing wrong? It's driving me crazy....

I changed the /shop/ to be just a / in the .htaccess file.

And, I assuming it is throwing 404 errors? I can click on a product or category and it rewrites the url to the SEO url, but doesn't go the page, it loops back to the homepage (which I think is my 404 page by default?) For now, I had to turn it off from the admin until I can figure it out. By the way, my permission for .htaccess is 644.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks so much for posting this fix!!

I was starting to get quite frustrated because I couldn't figure out why the Ultimate SEO URLS pages were in SPANISH and not in ENGLISH.

My biggest frustration was that my source files were obviously in english (its just not clear on the site that I was downloading spanish, but I quickly figured that part out)

Anyway, I applied the following fix to get rid of the spanish entries (from your link)

THE FIX
    DELETE FROM `configuration_group` WHERE `configuration_group_title` LIKE '%SEO%'; DELETE FROM `configuration` WHERE `configuration_key` LIKE '%SEO%'; DROP TABLE IF EXISTS seo_cache;

Now, if you just stay in the admin panel, SEO URLS will no longer show up. To 'reinstall', all I had to do was click on my site pages/ category listings once (after deleting the Spanish database entries with the SQL query above), then it automatically re-installed SEO urls.

And now, finally my admin panel option states everything in English.

Plugin Contributions

Default How to Remove Chemo's Ultimate SEO Mod

Quote Originally Posted by dontknowwhatimdoing View Post
    Thanks so much for posting this fix!!

I was starting to get quite frustrated because I couldn't figure out why the Ultimate SEO URLS pages were in SPANISH and not in ENGLISH.

My biggest frustration was that my source files were obviously in english (its just not clear on the site that I was downloading spanish, but I quickly figured that part out)

Anyway, I applied the following fix to get rid of the spanish entries (from your link)

THE FIX
    DELETE FROM `configuration_group` WHERE `configuration_group_title` LIKE '%SEO%'; DELETE FROM `configuration` WHERE `configuration_key` LIKE '%SEO%'; DROP TABLE IF EXISTS seo_cache;

Now, if you just stay in the admin panel, SEO URLS will no longer show up. To 'reinstall', all I had to do was click on my site pages/ category listings once (after deleting the Spanish database entries with the SQL query above), then it automatically re-installed SEO urls.

And now, finally my admin panel option states everything in English.
    Forgive me for quoting myself, but I wanted to be able to find this fix here by searching for "how to remove ultimate SEO mod" (see my subject)

Plugin Contributions

this module is an ultimate mess - sorry to say it and with all due respect to the developer, its so patchy - the latest release is the spanish, not the english version and it just doesnt do the job. - my advice, dont install it unless you want an absolute headache. The SQL patch descirbed above for me failed, to top things off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast