Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Back In Stock Notifications

Hi,

Thank you very much for the help

I made the following changes in tpl_account_back_in_stock_notifications_default.php

// Add the product's name
    $product_name = htmlentities($subscribed_notification_lists[$i]['product_name'], ENT_COMPAT, CHARSET);
    $back_in_stock_notifications_item->setVariable('product_name', $product_name);

// Add the product's model
    $product_model = htmlentities($subscribed_notification_lists[$i]['product_model'], ENT_COMPAT, CHARSET);
    $back_in_stock_notifications_item->setVariable('product_model', $product_model);

// Add a link to the product's page
    $product_info_page_link = zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' $subscribed_notification_lists[$i]['id']);
    $back_in_stock_notifications_item->setVariable('product_info_page_link', $product_info_page_link);

and in file inc.html.back_in_stock_notifications.html

<!-- ceon-begin-part ACCOUNT_BACK_IN_STOCK_NOTIFICATIONS_ITEM1 -->
    <tr>
    <td class="AccountBackInStockNotificationsListing AccountBackInStockNotificationsListingCellRow1"><ceon:variable name="checkbox"><input type="checkbox checked="checked" /></ceon:variable></td>
    <td class="AccountBackInStockNotificationsListing AccountBackInStockNotificationsListingCellRow1"><a href="{ceon:product_info_page_link}"><ceon:variable name="product_model">Product Model</ceon:variable> - <ceon:variable name="product_name">Product Number One</ceon:variable> </a> </td>
    <td class="AccountBackInStockNotificationsListing AccountBackInStockNotificationsListingCellRow1"><ceon:variable name="date_subscribed">23rd March</ceon:variable></td>
    </tr>
    <!-- ceon-end-part ACCOUNT_BACK_IN_STOCK_NOTIFICATIONS_ITEM1 -->
    <!-- ceon-begin-part ACCOUNT_BACK_IN_STOCK_NOTIFICATIONS_ITEM2 -->
    <tr>
    <td class="AccountBackInStockNotificationsListing AccountBackInStockNotificationsListingCellRow2"><ceon:variable name="checkbox"><input type="checkbox checked="checked" /></ceon:variable></td>
    <td class="AccountBackInStockNotificationsListing AccountBackInStockNotificationsListingCellRow2"><a href="{ceon:product_info_page_link}"><ceon:variable name="product_model">Product Model</ceon:variable> - <ceon:variable name="product_name">Product Number One</ceon:variable> </a></td>
    <td class="AccountBackInStockNotificationsListing AccountBackInStockNotificationsListingCellRow2"><ceon:variable name="date_subscribed">23rd March</ceon:variable></td>
    </tr>
    <!-- ceon-end-part ACCOUNT_BACK_IN_STOCK_NOTIFICATIONS_ITEM2 -->

RESULT

The page becomes blank when I enable the Add a link to the product's page portion in file tpl_account_back_in_stock_notifications_default.php and when I Comment this portion it shows the product model and name and also has a link. But when I click on the link I get this error message
    /%7Bceon:product_info_page_link%7D 404

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by nishajh View Post
    // Add a link to the product's page
    $product_info_page_link = zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $subscribed_notification_lists[$i]['id']);
    $back_in_stock_notifications_item->setVariable('product_info_page_link', $product_info_page_link);
    There should be a dot between 'products_id=' and $subscribed_notification_lists[$i]['id'] (I've added it above, marked in red).

Without that you get a PHP error which is why you see the blank page.

Please learn that for the future.. it should have been obvious for you to fix.. I can see that I missed it in my original reply to you but I was writing code off the top of my head and not testing it. In testing the code, it would have been immediately obvious that the dot was missing... anyone who knows PHP should have spotted my error themselves.

There are many decent books on PHP.. if you are going to do things yourself I recommend you read one! :)

Quote Originally Posted by nishajh View Post
    when I Comment this portion it shows the product model and name and also has a link. But when I click on the link I get this error message
    /%7Bceon: product_info_page_link%7D 404
    That's because you commented out the code to set the link! (Again that would be obvious if you could read PHP).

That should be enough information now for you. If you find any other errors please try reading up a bit more on PHP first and post if you are still having trouble.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Thank you

Love this mod in the site

Plugin Contributions

Hi Conor,

Another happy customer here .... great mod !

Is the mod compatible with 1.3.9d?

Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by dome90uk View Post
    Another happy customer here
    As the software and support on this forum are both free, there's no such thing as a "customer" regarding this module, we earn nothing whatsoever from having written it or from providing support.

.... great mod !
    I'm very glad you like it though! :)

Is the mod compatible with 1.3.9d?
    Yes, just get the latest version from our website. It'll also be available from the Zen Cart downloads area shortly, haven't had time to get it uploaded to the downloads area yet.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

me again, Conor,

The mod is all working now except one minor point. Customers cannot remove products from the notification lists in their account. Uncheck the box and click update and it just refreshes the screen.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    The mod is all working now except one minor point. Customers cannot remove products from the notification lists in their account. Uncheck the box and click update and it just refreshes the screen.
    Not sure what you've done wrong there.

Please get in contact via this address with FTP and admin details for the site in question and I'll take a look.

Oh, and a link to a product which is out of stock please.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I have just installed this great software, however, I noticed that the product name of my foreign language, chinese came out to be strange/ alien words, can I know what went wrong?

see the attachment, the product name is displayed of the back in stock notification page as very strange words...., the product name under english page is all normal and alright. Can anyone help???
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by faithtong View Post
    see the attachment, the product name is displayed of the back in stock notification page as very strange words...., the product name under english page is all normal and alright. Can anyone help???
    You are probably using an older version of the software. Please upgrade to 2.6.0 as it can handle the full UTF charset.

http://dev.ceon.net/web/zen-cart/bac..._notifications

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your prompt reply。 I have just installed the latest version of your back_in_stock 2.6, however, my chinese page still showing the strange character. Please check the attached picture file below.

(when I copied these strange character, often starts with &# then followed by 5 numeric numbers, for instance: "&#31036" to zencart backpanel\Developer tool kit Search, the system will automatically convert it (if I am under Chinese mode) to the correct Chinese words, any advice?)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast