Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Back In Stock Notifications

Quote Originally Posted by Boggled View Post
    Still trying to get this fixed.
    Something else I noticed...when I send a 'test email' it goes thru and I receive it (admin copy), but it doesn't include a link to the product.
    I have had occasional errors with this module because the customer managed to get some invalid data or no data in...

If you have weird errors with emails and only related to this module try this:
    select Articles-->back in stock notifications in admin
    select look at all products sorted by name...etc
    now find the products that have stock again and check the user data next to it.

I have seen issues with an empty e-mail address which will not be captured by the send notification action

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nagelkruid View Post
    I have had occasional errors with this module because the customer managed to get some invalid data or no data in...

If you have weird errors with emails and only related to this module try this:
    select Articles-->back in stock notifications in admin
    select look at all products sorted by name...etc
    now find the products that have stock again and check the user data next to it.

I have seen issues with an empty e-mail address which will not be captured by the send notification action
    ps: i actually just had this and solved:
    if this is the case and you want to delete the product_id from the database you could try this from the patch tool:
    delete from back_in_stock_notification_subscriptions where product_id = 1416;

off course this only applies if your product id is indeed 1416 and if there is only one customer subscribed to this product, if you have other (valid) subscribers to the product you would have to make the query more advanced so you will leave those entries in the database.

***and just for the record, i was blaming the customer (off course) but it may have been very possible that the source of the error is actually behind this keyboard

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by nagelkruid View Post
    That should be impossible with a correctly installed version of the module. It checks the format of the e-mail address so only valid e-mail addresses can be stored.

The only situation in which this could possibly happen is if the customer subscribed to the notification has deleted their account, in which case after the notification is sent out the e-mail to them should fail and the record be deleted.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    Hi,
    The only situation in which this could possibly happen is if the customer subscribed to the notification has deleted their account, in which case after the notification is sent out the e-mail to them should fail and the record be deleted.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon
    Hi Conor,

I think that's exactly what happened as the name that was left is one that i use for testing a lot and that is about the only account that gets deleted once in a while.

However, the record doesn't get deleted, it results in the error described previously. No problem tough, shouldn't happen in any "normal" situation.

Thanks!
    Jeroen

Plugin Contributions

Hi Conner, I have exactly the same error. All mail functions work fine, except sending the actuall notification that the product is back in stock I have a complete new/fresh zencart installation.

I will try a fresh install tonight and let you know.

Plugin Contributions

Default multiple languages

In reference to the above post#475
    I found that the solution for full language dependence in email templates was by replacing...
    What EXACTLY was not working?

I have duplicated the templates into the /es folder below the /email root and in my testing all emails are sent in the same language as that selected at the moment of use, correctly.

(The only changes I have made have been to replace the hard-coded "Dear" and "Link" with defines, otherwise it has worked correctly.)

Plugin Contributions

Default SQL to add Product Notifications to Back In Stock Notifications

Hopefully useful -

We briefly used "Product Notifications" before realizing "Back In Stock Notifications" existed.

After installation we wanted to add the 2,500 customers who signed up for under Product Notifications into the BISN table. Here is the SQL I used- hopefully it is of use to anyone else needing to do the same. (no warrantees, guarantees, etc).

Note that we use zen_ before table names- remove that if you don't. It is assumed that all Product Notification customers have a customer_id (login) since they aren't allowed to signup otherwise...

INSERT into `zen_back_in_stock_notification_subscriptions`
    (
    `product_id`,
    `customer_id`,
    `name`,
    `email_address`,
    `date_subscribed`
    )
    SELECT `products_id`, pn.`customers_id`, CONCAT(`customers_firstname`,' ',`customers_lastname`), `customers_email_address`, `date_added`
    FROM `zen_products_notifications` pn, `zen_customers` c
    where pn.customers_id = c.customers_id

If there is anything wrong with my SQL, or doing this was a Bad Thing to have done, do please let me know!

edit: Just realized you don't actually need the email for registered customers- it is null for rows with a customer_id, so you could delete that part...
    Last edited by jgreene; 10 Jun 2011 at 12:18 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SQL to add Product Notifications to Back In Stock Notifications

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by jgreene View Post
    If there is anything wrong with my SQL, or doing this was a Bad Thing to have done, do please let me know!
    No, that's a good idea, and it looks like it (has) will work just fine.

Working on a small update to the module today, hopefully release it soon, so look out for that.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Default Ceon Back In Stock Notifications v3.0.0 Released!

Hi,

I'm very happy to say that (at long last) the new version of the software has been released.

This thread is officially closed as the issues discussed here have been fixed in the new version.

Please use the new thread for any support queries.

Enjoy the new version! We hope it continues to bring success to your stores!

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

I am running version 1.3.9h so Back In Stock Notification was installed simultaneously.
    My question is...Can the subscriber be notified EACH and every time the product becomes Back In Stock?
    It is imperative because I happen to have many on the Waiting List and can make available only a few plants each time.
    It seems the customers who do not respond immediately are never again notified the next time I offer the plant.

Please advise if there is anything I can do or add on to make this change.
    Thanks so much!
    Joni

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast