Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Over 18 Age Validation on Login Page - Is This Possible?

Hi guys and girls

I wonder if anyone can help.

My store sells wines and spirits and I'd like to make sure that when customers sign up using the login page, that they are over 18 as that's the current law in the UK.

It strikes me that I could do with validating their age when they first sign up, to make I'm covered should I be accidentally selling alcohol to a minor.

Is there a way of:

1. validating the age via the admin panel - I've had a look and can't find any way to do this; or

2. validating it on input i.e. if age=under 18 then throw up an error message / warning, otherwise let them register?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Over 18 Age Validation on Login Page - Is This Possible?

Do you actually need an age validation or a question asking are you old enough that won't allow the person to login unless they check the box?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Hi Ajeh - thanks for replying; no a check box just as you describe would do the job absolutely fine - how would I go about doing this - any code hints and help very much appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

Currently, there are 2 checkboxes for other purposes that exist but you could change the language ...

Peek in your Configuration ... Regulations ...

One is meant for during Create Account and the other for during Checkout ...

A search with the Developers Tool Kit for the text would help you find the settings to change the text in your templates and overrides for the language files ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Currently, there are 2 checkboxes for other purposes that exist but you could change the language ...

Peek in your Configuration ... Regulations ...

One is meant for during Create Account and the other for during Checkout ...

A search with the Developers Tool Kit for the text would help you find the settings to change the text in your templates and overrides for the language files ...
    I have a similar requirement, but upon checking the above 'regulations', these would not be sufficient to cater to my needs.

I need a landing page that asks the user to confirm they are 18 or over to enter the site. They click YES, they enter the site, click NO, I redirect them to yahoo/google/whatever...I have searched the forum for anything like this and the closest I could find is a minimum age for creating an account. Again, this is too late, as the banner images on my site are not appropriate for those <18yrs old. I need this age requirement met, prior to allowing entry to my site.

Any tips, please?

Hi Ajeh

Nice one - I'll have a look at that today, sounds like just the job and thanks for your help!

Hi Ajnin000

The landing page would be pretty straightforward to implement:

- put a normal HTML landing page in the route of your webserver space and call it index.html

- then install the Zencart store into a sub-directory called store

- Then on your HTML landing page that you design, create links to either accept (ad go to the store) or decline (and get sent to Google)

Hope this helps!

Hi Ajeh

Had a look - fantastic, I can get the user to agree to terms and conditions and privacy policy via admin - I'm so impressed with Zencart and this forum - thanks very much for your help - I just bought you a coffee!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks you very kindly, that coffee goes a long ways, to say the least ... we appreciate all the support we can get ...

Thanks for letting us know that this worked for you ... ♠
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Hi ....was hoping this was possible. I have products however have options to add cigars to the product. In that case I need a check box to verify (and log) that the customer is over 18 AND the person at the shipping address is over 18. I only need that if this option is included.

Plugin Contributions

It would take a bit of custom coding, but definitely possible.
    You would need to run a test at checkout (and possibly at signup) for whether any of the "cigar" product ids is in the cart, and if so do the age question. There is a session variable field that holds the id information.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast