Plugin Contributions

Default Free shipping PLUS best way shipping = free shipping?

Hello. I have a little issue. If I have a digital item alone, it has free shipping. If I sell a book, I charge Best Way shipping. If I sell a digital item and a Best Way item together, it gives them Free Shipping...help?

Thanks!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free shipping PLUS best way shipping = free shipping?

Sounds like you have set up your Digital, I am assuming you mean Download, incorrectly ...

Downloads are NOT Virtual Products ... use instead:
    Product is Virtual: No, Shipping Address Required

Downloads are NOT Always Free Shipping ... use instead:
    Always Free Shipping: No, Normal Shipping Rules

Otherwise your shipping on items that get no shipping charge will be incorrect as Downloads "know" that they are Free Shipping by virtue of the Download filename added to the Attribute ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Note: Downloads alone in a shopping cart with ALWAYS skip the checkout_shipping page or else you have setup your Download incorrectly ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Wow...is this anywhere in the FAQ? I've set up about a zillion carts with digital (downloadable) products and always set them to default to Virtual Products and Free Shipping...if downloads are not virtual, what is? I can't understand why those wouldn't be the correct default settings for downloadable products...and why free shipping on a virtual good would override settings on a physical products. No offense, I love ZenCart, but this makes no sense to me at all. So, we'll have to change every single product in the store to make free shipping not override shipping charges on a physical product?

Plugin Contributions

A Virtual Product is a Service or something like a Gift Certificate that has no Shipping ...

As such, there cannot be a shipping charge so there is an adjustment made for these ...

Always Free Shipping also has no shipping and as such there must be an adjustment made ...

Downloads already know they are not shipped based on the filename on the attribute so an adjustment is made ...

If you had a Download that is marked Virual then you get an extra adjustment on the free stuff so it looks like you are subtracting things twice ... and this would be bad if you had one Physical Product plus 1 Download in the cart and shipped based on Count or Price etc.

There is documentation in the Wiki, Forums and tutorials/FAQs on this ... not that it couldn't be over looked ...
    Linda McGrath