Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help! Orders are NOT recording

my hosting hasnt had maintance as i am with p4host and mine does it with every order that uses paypal i did a test order using everything and it went through fine

maggie

Plugin Contributions

ok i called paypal to see if they could help me and they walked me through step by step and said that my IPN is fine and since i am getting the payment notices its not on their end its something to do with my cart that when they had a problem a few weeks back with the IPN it might have done something to it. I dont have API's since i am not using the paypal express or pro as an option i am only using PayPal IPN - Website Payments Standard

is their a place i can submit a trouble ticket too because paypal also noted that when the details come in on paypal it shows this info
    Item Title:
    Play Things For Lovers Purchase Item

Number Store Receipt Custom:
    zenid=abad0a36d5c9a97ed4cfb6afbee1d48b

that the item title should be different maybe listing the items(i know on other carts when i buy from people it doesnt show the name of the store and the word purchase)plus the item shouldnt say store receipt so i want to submit a ticket for these problems so that i can start taking orders again as i am losing business because no one gets a copy of the order and its doesnt register into the admin

maggie

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by splishsplashbb View Post
    Ok, i went in and enabled it and did a test order and this is what it sent me in an email. what does this mean?

Keys for submission: Array
    (
    [charset] => iso-8859-1
    [lc] => US
    [page_style] => Primary
    [custom] => zenid=e65fcfb5aa2f7041d150f4c14e13d261
    *** SNIPPED URLS ***
    [rm] => 2
    [bn] => zencart
    [mrb] => R-6C7952342H795591R
    [pal] => 9E82WJBKKGPLQ
    [first_name] => maggie
    [last_name] => norwood
    [address1] => 64285 w powerline rd ext
    [city] => pearl river
    [state] => LA
    [zip] => 70458
    [country] => US
    *** SNIPPED URLS ***
    [H_PhoneNumber] => 5042019907
    [night_phone_a] => 504
    [night_phone_b] => 201
    [night_phone_c] => 9907
    [day_phone_a] => 504
    [day_phone_b] => 201
    [day_phone_c] => 9907
    [no_shipping] => 1
    [upload] => 1
    [currency_code] => USD
    [cmd] => _ext-enter
    [item_name] => Play Things For Lovers Purchase
    [item_number] => Store Receipt
    [amount] => 42.00
    [shipping] => 0.00
    [tax] => 0.00
    [tax_cart] => 0.00
    )

maggie
    That's the log showing what data was sent *to* PayPal.
    If that's the only log you've received, then your server is not hearing any response back from PayPal. There should be another one that shows the step-by-step processing that your store went through when receiving the posted IPN from PayPal.
    If you're not getting those, then PayPal's server is not talking to your server.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by splishsplashbb View Post
    is their a place i can submit a trouble ticket too because paypal also noted that when the details come in on paypal it shows this info
    Item Title:
    Play Things For Lovers Purchase Item

Number Store Receipt Custom:
    zenid=abad0a36d5c9a97ed4cfb6afbee1d48b

that the item title should be different maybe listing the items(i know on other carts when i buy from people it doesnt show the name of the store and the word purchase)plus the item shouldnt say store receipt so i want to submit a ticket for these problems
    It's submitting the data as it's designed to do. There's no "bug" there.

In Zen Cart v1.3.8, the Website Payments Standard module does not send detailed-cart contents to PayPal. It sends an "aggregated" cart ... essentially a summary of the purchase ... much like you get from some retail stores where your credit card is swiped on a separate machine and you get two receipts: one for your detailed purchase, and another for just the payment part made on your card.

If you want detailed line-items on your PayPal receipts for purchases made via Zen Cart v1.3.x, you'll need to use PayPal Express Checkout instead of Website Payments Standard.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, i am going to go in and change to the other option for paypal. Thank you about that but do i need to call paypal again and let them know about the last post you said since its not getting the information from paypal? If so i will call on monday and i will i guess take to someone in the technical department ok thank you again.

maggie

Plugin Contributions

ok i went in and changed to the express did a test order and when i was trying to confirm the order it gave this error

"We are sorry for the inconvenience. The PayPal account authentication settings are not yet set up, or the API security information is incorrect. We are unable to complete your transaction. Please notify the store owner so they can correct this problem. (10002) 10002 Authentication/Authorization Failed - You do not have permissions to make this API call"

i wnet in and granted permission am i missing something?

maggie

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That means you've probably entered the wrong API details. You need to enter all 3 API security settings exactly as you got them from PayPal. And, if you got those API details from their live (not sandbox) server, you need to choose "live" instead of "sandbox". If you don't know what "sandbox" means, then you're using the "live" server, and should select "live".

Also, what version of Zen Cart are you using? If it's 1.3.7, have you applied the PayPal patch to it? http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56216 (this patch is already in 1.3.7.1 and newer)

Plugin Contributions

ok i fixed the API but when i did a test order of course it sent me tons of emails and the order didnt record in the admin so i guess i will be back on the phone with paypal also the version i have is

Zen Cart 1.3.8a

Database Patch Level: 1.3.8

maggie

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

PayPal isn't going to understand most of what's in those email messages.

The debug logs are stored in /includes/modules/payment/paypal/logs (as long as that folder is writable).
    If you zip up the logs and post a link to the zip file here, maybe we can take a look at what took place in the processing of the transaction.

Plugin Contributions

ok, i have waited on a reply from my hosting and they never did all they sent was it looks ok on my end, so i went with another hosting thinking its with them since its not with paypal i have spent many hours on the phone and as they asked me "are you getting the payment notifications in your email that you have a payment that you received" I said yes but my cart isnt showing the order on my admin they told me its not paypal as it has done everything its suppose to be doing its either the server or hosting which i explained i moved my hosting so its not that, how do i fix this? I have had 4 more orders and got the notice of payment but no orders are recorded and i added the add on for stuck orders and i get an error
    please someone help me i cant afford to lose orders for people wanting to use paypal if i have to take it off the site

maggie

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast