Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question Quantity Discounts?

I have read everywhere and I either having trouble grasping this or I just dont know how to get this right...At this point I think Im just lost!

I would like to have products checked out in Quanity with a Discount applied BUT...seems I was only able to do this to one of my Products and the rest add up in crazy totals.

The Site is -> http://gotosignwiz.com

I was able to Quantity price these products -> http://gotosignwiz.com/index.php?mai...=index&cPath=1

But these dont add up when you get them to the cart -> http://gotosignwiz.com/index.php?mai...=index&cPath=5

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did the same exact thing to it all and its not working out.... Could someone give me an idea on whats wrong?

My other question is I would like to give the option on some products to order in different sizes such as ->
    Banners - Option on what size and different price for each size. There would be no quantity discount on these.

Any help would be great but in the meantime I will continue reading and looking for the right answere in the forums.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Quantity Discounts?

No one?

I still havent been able to find a clear answere....

Plugin Contributions

What are your current settings for the products_price and for the Discount Quanties for this product:
    /index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_9&products_id=1
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I did it just like this ->

Discount 1 - 10 = 17.9400
    Discount 2 - 25 = 8.3700
    Discount 3 - 50 = 4.9300
    Discount 4 - 100 = 2.9900
    Discount 5 - 250 = 2.5400
    Discount 6 - 500 = 2.2400
    Discount 7 - 1000 = 1.9400

The Min Quantity on the product is 10 with the Min price being 17.94

Now for some reason it shows the extra 00 at the end of each price but it adds up fine.

Now if you go to - http://gotosignwiz.com/index.php?mai...products_id=29

I set everything up just the same and the discounts show correctly but when you add what you want to the cart it comes up with a very large price tag...just not adding up correctly.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING!!!

Plugin Contributions

I am guessing that the Product Price is 17.94 ...

Get rid of this:
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    I am guessing that the Product Price is 17.94 ...

Get rid of this:
    That product is ok... We want to offer that product at a base price of 17.94 in a min quantity of 10 and then drop the price as the quantity goes up. The problem was doing it to some of the other products and for some reason the quantity price wouldnt add up.

We changed a few things and added a few zero's past the decimal point to get our quantity discounts to add up correctly ( http://gotosignwiz.com/index.php?mai...products_id=24 ) but it looks a bit silly with pricing starting at $0.10900

That was the only way I could get it to add up without it pricing out in the checkout in at 1,000,000.00 price range.

============================================

If you have any idea on how to do it better then Im all ears but for now Im quite lost .... maybe I could just do the quantity discounts without showing the price at all until checkout.....

Plugin Contributions

Help me out here ...

We were dealing with prices to 2 decimal places ...

Now we are on multiple decimal places ...

Are you doing this because you need to low price breaks or trying to work around the original issue?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Help me out here ...

We were dealing with prices to 2 decimal places ...

Now we are on multiple decimal places ...

Are you doing this because you need to low price breaks or trying to work around the original issue?
    I was trying to find a work around my problem...

Here is what I need to do...I dont think Im explaining it right.

I have Business Cards for sale
    1000 Cards = $109.00
    2500 Cards = $199.00
    5000 Cards = $299.00

Now maybe I dont need to be working with Quantity Discounts but when I add the Quantity Discounts I get this.

Discount 1 $109.00 x 1,000 = $109,000.00
    Discount 2 $199.00 x 2,500 = $497,500.00
    Discount 3 $299.00 x 5,000 = $1,495,000.00

In my blank discounts I set it up as follows ->

Discount 1 Min Quantity 1000 / Discount Value 109.00
    Discount 2 Min Quantity 2500 / Discount Value 199.00
    Discount 3 Min Quantity 5000 / Discount Value 299.00

I have the Product Discount Info set to Actual Price / Price.

Did I explain this right?! I VERY MUCH APPRECIATE you taking the time with me on this!

Plugin Contributions

The decimal places can be a bit of a problem to work with ...

Your products sell as normal 2 digit numbers but you want your display to function based on the unit ...

This can be a problem with your units being so small ...

You may need some customization done for this so that the discounts can read in the proper unit rate or multipled out on the quantity breaks ...

the Discount Quantity and Prices are entered per unit so if you have 2500 for $199.00 you would enter:
    Quantity 2500 and then its unit price as Actual of 0.079 not the expanded price ...

Now there is the issue with the Product Price of 0.1090 where you then want 1000 minimum ...

If you need to see that price expanded to 0.1090 x 1000, or $109.00 then that too has to be customized ...

Where do you need units and where do you need bottom line price?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Wow I have lost a ton of hair over this and your said exactly what I was thinking...

If you check the page you can see we added to the decimals so the quantity would show correctly ( http://gotosignwiz.com/index.php?mai...=index&cPath=5 ) BUT like you said...in order for it to show correctly on the checkout and in the quantity box we would need to customize to get rid of all those extra zero's

You will also see where I added two Test Products and changed the Attributes so you can only purchase a package deal now. But the one with the price listed ( 0.11000 ) gets added to the total. Just trying out different ways to acheive my goal....

Right now it looks like the units & price will have to stay until I can find out from my partner if there can be some sort of prices change we could do that would work with ZenCart.... any idea what files I could possibly edit to take care of the extra zero's?

----------- > Did I meantion what a HUGE help you've been?! Thanks again for the input!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast