Plugin Contributions

Default Multiple copy install - transfer of server

Hi!

I install and configure ZC for a number of people and they all need the exact same store and products (but with their own details).

I have been following the FAQ and install a new 1.3.8a and then transferring `my customised store' on top of it and uploading the MySQL database etc, which works OK - most of the time.

Can I just bypass the first step and upload a copy og my working store and then create and new MySql database and upload that and change the configure.php's etc.

Should this work, or not. I did try it and it didn't, but that could be because I did something wrong. I will try again if it should work but not if it has no hope!

Thanks
    Ernie

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Multiple copy install - transfer of server

It's always best to use the built-in installer so that it gets your configure.php files and your database structure right.

And if you're importing a database from another system/site, you'll need to reset some things in the database, including the entry handled by the fix-cache-key utility mentioned here: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=100

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Multiple copy install - transfer of server

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    It's always best to use the built-in installer so that it gets your configure.php files and your database structure right.
    OK, thanks, I was just trying to make it easier, and also stop it installing all the `demo' product files etc (I know I choose not to `install them' but they are still there in the upload etc!)