Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Create Account Email - why is it offering discount coupon when I've disabled them?

I have changed the settings for the Create Account Welcome email, but for some unknown reason, the original email is still being sent through.

When I first set up the store in 2006 (still on v1.2.7), customer’s received an email with the following;

Dear Ms. *****,
    We wish to welcome you to Amor Aromatherapy.
    Congratulations! To make your next visit to our online shop a more rewarding experience, listed below are details for a Discount Coupon created just for you! Welcome to Amor, spend $40 or more and receive free shipping within NZ. Valid for 12 months when you join. Excludes Perfect Potion, Living Nature and Q Aromatherapy products.
    To use the Discount Coupon, enter the Redemption Code code during checkout: d5782bd41e
    With your account, you can now take part in the various services we have to offer you. Some of these services include:
    • Permanent Cart - Any products added to your online cart remain there until you remove them, or check them out.
    • Address Book - We can now deliver your products to another address other than yours! This is perfect to send birthday gifts direct to the birthday-person themselves.
    • Order History - View your history of purchases that you have made with us.
    • Products Reviews - Share your opinions on products with our other customers.
    For help with any of our online services, please contact us
    Sincerely,

Tania Cottew DipAroma
    Store Owner

http://www.amoraromatherapy.co.nz/

Due to the increased costs of freight, I have deactivated the gift vouchers and have changed my free shipping setup, however the above message is still being sent out.

The Developer’s Tool Kit can’t seem to find any of the followind text in Admin/Catalog saying
    Congratulations! To make your next visit to our online shop a more rewarding experience, listed below are details for a Discount Coupon created just for you! Welcome to Amor, spend $40 or more and receive free shipping within NZ. Valid for 12 months when you join. Excludes Perfect Potion, Living Nature and Q Aromatherapy products.
    To use the Discount Coupon, enter the Redemption Code code during checkout: d5782bd41e

So where is it coming from?

My includes/anguages/english/create_account.php file now reads

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Create an Account');

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'My Account Information');

define('TEXT_ORIGIN_LOGIN', '<strong class="note">NOTE:</strong> If you already have an account with us, please login at the <a href="%s">login page</a>.');

// greeting salutation
    define('EMAIL_SUBJECT', 'Welcome to ' . STORE_NAME);
    define('EMAIL_GREET_MR', 'Dear Mr. %s,' . "\n\n");
    define('EMAIL_GREET_MS', 'Dear Ms. %s,' . "\n\n");
    define('EMAIL_GREET_NONE', 'Dear %s' . "\n\n");

// First line of the greeting
    define('EMAIL_WELCOME', 'We wish to welcome you to <strong>' . STORE_NAME . '</strong>. If your first order is placed within 3 months and is over $50 we will send it to you for <strong>free!</strong> This applies to NZ Customers, International Customers will receive a discount off their initial order. ');
    define('EMAIL_SEPARATOR', '--------------------');

define('EMAIL_TEXT', 'With your account, you can now take part in the <strong>various services</strong> we have to offer you. Some of these services include:' . "\n\n" . '<li><strong>Permanent Cart</strong> - Any products added to your online cart remain there until you remove them, or check them out.' . "\n\n" . '<li><strong>Address Book</strong> - We can now deliver your products to another address other than yours! This is perfect to send birthday gifts direct to the birthday-person themselves.' . "\n\n" . '<li><strong>Order History</strong> - View your history of purchases that you have made with us.' . "\n\n" . '<li><strong>Products Reviews</strong> - Share your opinions on products with our other customers.' . "\n\n");
    define('EMAIL_CONTACT', 'For help with any of our online services, please <a href="mailto:' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '">'. STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS ." </a>\n\n");
    define('EMAIL_GV_CLOSURE','Sincerely,' . "\n\n" . STORE_OWNER . "\nStore Owner\n\n". '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">'.HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG ."</a>\n\n");

// email disclaimer - this disclaimer is separate from all other email disclaimers
    define('EMAIL_DISCLAIMER_NEW_CUSTOMER', 'This email address was given to us by you or by one of our customers. If you did not signup for an account, or feel that you have received this email in error, please send an email to %s ');

//moved definitions to english.php
    //define('TABLE_HEADING_PRIVACY_CONDITIONS', 'Privacy Statement');
    //define('TEXT_PRIVACY_CONDITIONS_DESCRIPTION', 'Please acknowledge you agree with our privacy statement by ticking the following box. The privacy statement can be read <a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRIVACY, '', 'SSL') . '"><span class="pseudolink">here</span></a>.');
    //define('TEXT_PRIVACY_CONDITIONS_CONFIRM', 'I have read and agreed to your privacy statement.');
    //define('TABLE_HEADING_ADDRESS_DETAILS', 'Address Details');
    //define('TABLE_HEADING_PHONE_FAX_DETAILS', 'Additional Contact Details');
    //define('TABLE_HEADING_DATE_OF_BIRTH', 'Verify Your Age');
    //define('TABLE_HEADING_LOGIN_DETAILS', 'Login Details');
    //define('TABLE_HEADING_REFERRAL_DETAILS', 'Were You Referred to Us?');
    ?>

Help...
    Elemi

The Art of Bespoke Aromatherapy
    www.AmorAromatherapy.co.nz

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Create Account Email issue

Elemi;

Are you using the templates overrides system? If so are you sure you overwrote the proper file?

I know I had the same problem when I first started and I think I have even made this mistake a time or two. What happens when you you click on tools and welcome email what shows up?

Please check this and get back to us if there is a problem.

Good luck

Sincerely,

0be1
    "Give me one hundred preachers who fear nothing but sin and desire nothing but God, and I care not whether they be clergymen or laymen, they alone will shake the gates of Hell and set up the kingdom of Heaven upon Earth." - John Wesley

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for replying... when you say Tools, do you mean Developer's Tool Kit?

If not, please point me in the right direction.

I do have the Zen Cart book by Goh, however it's not helping me with this issue.
    Elemi

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Create Account Email - why is it offering discount coupon when I've disabled them

Admin->Configuration->GV Coupons->New Signup Discount Coupon ID#
    Set it to None.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Create Account Email - why is it offering discount coupon when I've disabled them

Thanks Dr Byte

That stopped the message I don't want.

So my next question is how do I get it to show

// First line of the greeting
    define('EMAIL_WELCOME', 'We wish to welcome you to <strong>' . STORE_NAME . '</strong>. If your first order is placed within 3 months and is over $50 we will send it to you for <strong>free!</strong> This applies to NZ Customers, International Customers will receive a discount off their initial order. ');
    define('EMAIL_SEPARATOR', '--------------------');

as the email now coming through only has

Dear Mr. mccabe,
    We wish to welcome you to Amor Aromatherapy.
    With your account, you can now take part in the various services we have to offer you. Some of these services include:
    Permanent Cart - Any products added to your online cart remain there until you remove them, or check them out.
    Address Book - We can now deliver your products to another address other than yours! This is perfect to send birthday gifts direct to the birthday-person themselves.
    Order History - View your history of purchases that you have made with us.
    Products Reviews - Share your opinions on products with our other customers.
    For help with any of our online services, please contact us
    Sincerely,

Tania Cottew DipAroma
    Store Owner

Thanking you in advance...
    Tarn
    Elemi

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Elemi View Post
    Thanks for replying... when you say Tools, do you mean Developer's Tool Kit?

If not, please point me in the right direction.

I do have the Zen Cart book by Goh, however it's not helping me with this issue.

Logged in as admin under where is says "admin home" tools - welcome email. Click on that and it will show you the file that is currently being sent out.

Sincerely,

0be1
    "Give me one hundred preachers who fear nothing but sin and desire nothing but God, and I care not whether they be clergymen or laymen, they alone will shake the gates of Hell and set up the kingdom of Heaven upon Earth." - John Wesley

Plugin Contributions

My preview is correct, but it's not the email that is actually going out. Grrrrrrr.....
    Elemi

Plugin Contributions

Elemi;

If your preview is correct, but it is not the one going out, rename the original one in the default folder to something like, filename.orig or today's date or something. Then see if it will send out. If it does not, then you have a file or override problem. If it does send out, then you will need to do nothing else.

Good luck

0be1

Plugin Contributions

where do I find that to do that?
    Elemi

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Using the bottom field in the Developers Toolkit, please list the path+filenames where each of these are found:
    1. If your first order is placed within 3 months and is over $50 we will send it
    2. With your account, you can now take part in the various services we have to offer you.

How do those paths compare with the name of the template which you currently have active on your site?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast