Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default backup mysql tools but got errors:Result code: 2

Used backup mysql tools but got errors:

Result code: 2
    0 => /usr/bin/mysqldump: File '/usr/share/mysql/charsets/?.conf' not found (Errcode: 2)

1 => /usr/bin/mysqldump: Character set '#33' is not a compiled character set and is not specified in the '/usr/share/mysql/charsets/Index' file

2 => /usr/bin/mysqldump: Got error: 1251: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client when trying to connect

Failure: The database has NOT been saved.

Checking Path: /usr/bin/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    add &debug=ON and got following info:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    COMMAND FILES SELECTED:
    mysqlexe="/usr/bin/mysql"

mysqldumpexe="/usr/bin/mysqldump"

COMMAND: "/usr/bin/mysqldump" "--host=X.X.X.174" "--user=user" "--password=XXXXXX" --opt --complete-insert "--result-file=/home/content/X/X/X/XXXXXX/html/XXXXX/admin/backups/db_user-20080716000536.sql" user 2>&1
    Result code: 2
    valueA: /usr/bin/mysqldump: Got error: 1251: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client when trying to connect
    valueB:
    0 => /usr/bin/mysqldump: File '/usr/share/mysql/charsets/?.conf' not found (Errcode: 2)

1 => /usr/bin/mysqldump: Character set '#33' is not a compiled character set and is not specified in the '/usr/share/mysql/charsets/Index' file

2 => /usr/bin/mysqldump: Got error: 1251: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client when trying to connect

Failure: The database has NOT been saved.

Server OS: Linux 2.4.21-53.ELsmp
    PHP Safe Mode: Off
    Database: MySQL 5.0.45-log

Searched in forum bu no solution, any one can help me , thank you in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: backup mysql tools but got errors:Result code: 2

Man oh Man, that is one funky command line you got there.

See if this works for you.

mysqldump --opt -uUSERNAME -p databasename > /path/to/dump.sql

or, the tried and true method

mysql -uUSERNAME -p databasename > /path/to/dump.sql

With both commads you will be prompted for the database password. Enter it (it will not be displayed) and the database will backup.

Or, are you trying to download from one location to another?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by newuser123 View Post
    Character set '#33' is not a compiled character set and is not specified in the '/usr/share/mysql/charsets/Index' file

1251: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client when trying to connect
    If you are getting those messages, then you are on a server where the database engine is running from a separate server, and thus the command-line approach to doing the backups is not going to work for you.

The fastest way to get a backup is to do one manually via phpMyAdmin. Tips here: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=103

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I am using the same module here and I am recieving the same issues. However, I know for a fact that my database engine is on another server. From reading your post here, it sounds like I cannot use this tool.

I don't want to be annoying or troublesome but is it possible to make a change in the code to tell the backup manager to connect to another server and then perform the download back to Zen Cart? Or does it only work at localhost? It is important for me to find a solution that will work for my client's site as they do not want to go through the long process of getting to the database (we're using GoDaddy btw).

Thanks for your help and keep up the good work!

Plugin Contributions

Although newuser123 states they are using some sort of mySQL backup tool, none is used with the information provided in their post. From the information they provided they are using regular Shell commands that work on any Linux OS.

What backup module are you using? And is doing backups through phpMyAdmin that difficult?

Plugin Contributions

I am currently using the Backup MySQL Plugin by DrByte, Version 1.3. Whenever I attempt a backup using it, I receive the error from above.

As for phpMyAdmin, I do not find it difficult doing backups through it - my client however does. I am trying to find a solution that will allow them to almost perform an automated backup of the database that will just be available on the server. The website is also being hosted on a Go Daddy server so the database is not located on localhost. If you have ever hosted with them, you have to go through several pages just to get to the phpmyadmin login. I'm just trying to keep it simple.
    Last edited by PAE2008; 18 Jul 2008 at 05:08 PM. Reason: misspellings

Plugin Contributions

In that case, would it not be easiest to grab a mySQL backup script from one of the Free Script sites and use it with a Cron job?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Website Rob View Post
    Although newuser123 states they are using some sort of mySQL backup tool, none is used with the information provided in their post. From the information they provided they are using regular Shell commands that work on any Linux OS.
    What they posted was the debug output from the Backup MySQL module available from the downloads area here. That module uses the PHP "exec" function to invoke the server shell and issues command-line instructions to run mysqldump with the appropriate parameters to do a database backup.

The module does not work on GoDaddy servers or other servers where the database is hosted on a different physical machine.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

From the information originally posted, I had thought perhaps they were trying to connnect to a different Server but wanted confirmation, which is why I had asked, "Or, are you trying to download from one location to another?". Was hoping the OP would confirm/deny but if using a Module then perhaps they did not know exactly what was taking place.

When the database is on a remote MySQL server then one needs to find out that Server name and include it in the command.

mysqldump -h servername -uUSERNAME -p databasename > /path/to/dump.sql

Due to the Security pitfalls of using the PHP 'exec' command within a script, too easy for it to be abused and most Hosters disable it, it would be best to run the mySQL command through a Shell login; if provided with the account that is. Mind you, many Hosters don't provide Shell access either so... automated database backups seem to be somewhere between a rock and a hard place.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Website Rob View Post
    In that case, would it not be easiest to grab a mySQL backup script from one of the Free Script sites and use it with a Cron job?
    I could try and set something up to do that but I am not too familiar with exectuting such commands. If you have any suggestions for a specific script that is easy to setup on a GoDaddy configuration (with a link possibly?), that would be much apperciated. I was really hoping that maybe there was a few lines that I could just edit in DrByte's code that would allow the tool to connect to a different server rather than localhost as I liked the setup that was provided. Using phpmyadmin is a possiblity but I just don't want my client to accidently mess up the database by doing something wrong. However, since you did mention something that could be done automatically, that would make life easier. Thanks Website Rob!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast