Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Downloadable PDF Files Help

I just updated my downloadable *.doc E-Books to *.pdf .

I have uploaded the pdf files into my download directory correctly. I can see them right next to my old *.doc files. I have reset the filename correctly and checked for typos using the Attributes Controller.

For some reason the files are marked as "Invalid"

Do I need to set up *.pdf files somewhere in the admin so this extension will be valid?

Thanks for your support,

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Downloadable PDF Files Help

I am stumped on this. If I set my download filename to file1.doc I get the file name is valid green flag. If I set my file name to file1.pdf or file1.zip, I get the red invalid file name flag.

I can see my files are in my download directory and have checked for typos.

Do I need to set up "Download Type" somewhere in the admin?

I haven't run into this problem before and have several Zen Cart stores running. Not sure where I went wrong.

Can you help?

Thanks-

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What are the permissions on the files? Are they lower than 644 for any reason?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

The permissions are 644. I tried setting them to 755 and 777 but still get the invalid flag.

I have downloads for *.zip, *.exe(self extracting zip file) and even set up an online test by using filename test.php (placed test.php in the download folder) through the download module in another ZC store.

I uploaded the *.pdf files to another ZC store just to troubleshoot, and they got the green valid flag.

I am using ZC 1.3.8a with some mods.

I saw a reference to "Download Type" in a forum post. Is there something in the admin where I set the extensions that are valid? I am stumped..

Thanks-

Plugin Contributions

Admin > Extras > Media Mgr.

Have you setup .pdf for downloading?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Picci View Post
    I saw a reference to "Download Type" in a forum post. Is there something in the admin where I set the extensions that are valid? I am stumped..
    There are no restrictions anywhere regarding "download type".
    You might have seen "upload" file type restrictions, but those are unrelated to files you make available to customers for download.

The media manager filetypes are used only for search/sort/display groupings. not for attribute file permissions/availability.

Did you try refreshing the page in your browser? Is it a cache thing?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

You have placed the download file in the /download directory, correct?

What is the name of the file? Does it contain spaces or special characters in it?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

After further troubleshooting it appears that the problem only occurs for files that are uploaded recently. All my old files that are on the server work but when I upload a new file, regardless of the extension, it gets the invalid flag.

Seems like it might be something with the server.. I will call my host and see if they can help me.

Thank you for your support.

Plugin Contributions

If this problem of files being present in the /download directory but not being recognized by ZC as valid brings any server configuration considerations to mind please let me know so I can continue to troubleshoot the issue.

I have uploaded duplicate copies of the old files that are valid(renamed to prevent overwriting) and they are also not recognized as valid.

Thank you for your support,

Plugin Contributions

The problem has been traced to my Firefox browser.. oddly enough. As I was troubleshooting I opened IE and found the files marked green/valid.

I am not sure why FF displayed red/invalid but I cleared private data and the flags went to green. Was I caching old data, probably, although I had tried clearing private data before and it did not seem to help.. still a bit puzzled but happy.

Thank you for your support,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast