Plugin Contributions

Default how do I setup multiple stores with one site processing credit cards for all of them?

hello

my boss wants everyone in the company to have their own site
    we will all be selling the same products

he wants the domain names to be separate and the stores to be separate all except for the checkout process, he wants the order processed through one site

So I'm thinking we setup zencart stores for everyone, but what do I need to change in order to direct all of the checkouts to one site and then have it processed in one source?

(I'm guessing for tracking purposes we would look at the order confirmation to see where the order came from)

thank you
    Steve

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: how do I setup multiple stores with one site processing credit cards for all of t

How do you intend to process payments?

(will you be using PayPal, a C-Card Merchant Clearing Bank, COD, Cheques...?)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: how do I setup multiple stores with one site processing credit cards for all of t

We would process it through one secure page, right now we can process them offline and through authorize.net

thanks for your help
    Steve

Plugin Contributions

I tried editing the configure files and while it does redirect to the other website, when you arrive at the main credit card processing site it says that the session has expired

Plugin Contributions

I don't think you could do this, for sessions reasons, as you've discovered.

Why not just have separate sites using the same authorize.net account?

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    I don't think you could do this, for sessions reasons, as you've discovered.

Why not just have separate sites using the same authorize.net account?
    That would be my suggestion...

Plugin Contributions

we would like to keep each site separate and then redirect them to one site to pay

is there a way to transmit the session variables (order details) from one cart to another?

an example would be site a b and c send all their order details to site d for checkout

thanks for the help
    Steve

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

There is no built-in facility for that, no.

You could hire someone to write custom code if you're bent on a particular way to implement it. The Commercial Help Wanted area exists for that purpose.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.