Plugin Contributions

Default How do I change the sidebox links for my affiliate program?

I have installed the jrox affiliate programme on my site, i originally had an inbuilt programme but i couldnt get it to work properly.

I have a side box that says affiliate help faqs etc, but i want to change the affiliate login to go directly to www.mysticgiftsandcharms.co.uk/jamaffiliates ive searched all the files in filezilla and i think its hard coded into the site.

Does anyone know if or how this can be done?

At the moment i have a link in the header but i want to keep the side box with the faqs and stuff in.

Any help appreciated as my web hosts dont seem to want to do this for me even though i have offered to pay.

My site is http://www.mysticgiftsandcharms.co.uk

I look forward to a reply,

Many thanks
    Lian

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Affiliate programe help

You can likely find the correct file by looking up the text on the links you want to change using something like the Developer Toolkit in your Zen Cart admin:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=38
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=39

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ive changed all the links that are visable in the files, but the link i want to change, in the side box on the home page is built in to the site.

Is there anyway this can be done?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Assuming you're referring to the sidebox entitled "Affiliates", containing links which say "Affiliate Information" and "Affiliate Program FAQ" and "Affiliate Log In", the instructions I gave above will guide you to the file you need to change.

Hint: It's from the afffiliate system addon which you installed that contained the sidebox code ... whichever it was.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I change the sidebox links for my affiliate program?

Ive found the file

public_html/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/affiliates.php

And it has this in

define('BOX_AFFILIATE_LOGIN', 'Affiliate Log In');

But i still dont know how to redirect it to the jam affiliates page, when you click on the affiliate log in link i want it to go to http://www.mysticgiftsandcharms.co.uk/jamaffiliates

Sorry if im being a bit of a dummy, im new at this

Plugin Contributions

Default redirecting built in links

Hello, first of all im sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, i have read everything i can find on the subject.

I have installed the jrox affiliate programme on my site, i originally had an inbuilt programme but i couldnt get it to work properly.

I have a side box that says affiliate help faqs etc, but i want to change the "affiliate login" link to go directly to www.mysticgiftsandcharms.co.uk/jamaffiliates

Ive changed all the links that are visable in the files, but the link i want to change, in the side box on the home page is built in to the site.

Ive found the file

public_html/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/affiliates.php

And it has this in

But i still dont know how to redirect it to the jam affiliates page, when you click on the affiliate log in link i want it to go to http://www.mysticgiftsandcharms.co.uk/jamaffiliates

Sorry if im being a bit of a dummy, im new at this

Any help appreciated

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: redirecting built in links

Which sidebox are you using for the links?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: redirecting built in links

They are in the sidebox that came with the original affiliate programe i had with the site it has "Affiliate faq" "Affiliate Information" and "Affiliate Log In" I want to keep the other links, but just change the affiliate login link to go to my new affiliate programe login page.

Can a link be redirected from this text?

or am i in the wrong file?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I change the sidebox links for my affiliate program?

It could be in many places, depending on how you installed the affiliate addon sidebox, and depending on how the addon sidebox was written:

maybe:
    /includes/modules/sideboxes/affiliates.php
    or
    /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/sideboxes/tpl_affiliates.php

Try doing a search for BOX_AFFILIATE_LOGIN using the Developers toolkit. You already know where the language file is. But now you need to know where the definition is used ... that is likely the key.

By the way, your multiple posts on the same topic have been merged into one.