Plugin Contributions

Default Integration with Amazon via FBA/FWS

Hi,

In short, I would like to streamline my shipping by having my orders sent directly to Amazon once I approve them in Zen Cart. Some background:

- I started using Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) about a year ago when they were in beta testing. Basically it is a service where you send your products to amazon, they warehouse them for you until you get orders. Once you get an order you relay the information to Amazon and they ship it. More info: http://www.amazonservices.com/fulfillment.

- This set-up has been working well, only the occasional mess-up, however I have gotten to a point where cutting and pasting all the order info from Zen Cart to the FBA site is tedious and time-consuming.

- I came across Amazon Fulfillment Web Services (FWS) recently: http://www.amazon.com/Web-Services-n...node=402340011. It looks like they provide all the material necessary to integrate one's chopping cart, but I lack the coding expertise to do so.

I am going to post in the developer section eventually, but first wanted to check if any other Zen users are using FBA/interested in Amazon FWS or even better if anyone has already integrated with Amazon FWS.

Thanks,

Nate

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Integration with Amazon via FBA/FWS

I'm happy to hear that outsourced order fulfillment is working well for your business.

Are you just shipping in the U.S. or also fulfilling orders internationally?

I can't help you with your Amazon integration; however, I would like to make you aware that there are fulfillment solutions that have standing integrations with ZenCart.

If you run into problems getting integrated please feel free to test the ZenCart Shipwire integration.

partner.shipwire.com/o.php?id=1907 - Here is some more info on the ZenCart Shipwire Integration

There is a wizard to integrate your account with Shipwire without hiring a programmer. shipwire.com/help/zen-cart/

Warehouses in the U.S., Canada and Europe.

Nate with Shipwire
    Last edited by Kim; 21 Jul 2008 at 10:47 PM.
    Zen Cart order fulfillment. Shipwire product fulfillment has warehouses in the U.S., Canada and UK. Shipwire instructions for Zen-cart shipping fulfillment setup

Plugin Contributions

I saw your service. But I have over 100 SKU's and climbing. Also, I am already warehousing things with Amazon. I am wary of having two inventories with two warehousing companies. Also, what kind of fees do you charger per fulfillment order?

Thanks,

Nate

Plugin Contributions

Please do not discuss fees and costs on the forum.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Feel free to pm me shipwire fulfillment

Plugin Contributions

Hi Nate,

I am also in the same boat as you, I haven't seen any solutions so I'm trying to develop one using the API they provided. So far, not much luck, some of the links to the samples no longer exist

I'm currently using the PHP version of the api and hoping to get it integrated into zen cart.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by plantain_tart View Post
    Hi Nate,

I am also in the same boat as you, I haven't seen any solutions so I'm trying to develop one using the API they provided. So far, not much luck, some of the links to the samples no longer exist

I'm currently using the PHP version of the api and hoping to get it integrated into zen cart.
    That's discouraging... Have you tried emailing the Amazon Webservices team? I'd be happy to contribute some capital if that would help with the development of the API or to pay for a copy of the final version once it's done. I'd offer to help with the development, but my PHP skills are pretty much limited to cut and paste.

Did you see the most recent survey FBA sent out? Integration with 3rd party software is on the list of "improvements you'd like to see"

Nate

Plugin Contributions

I would also love to see some help here. We just started using FBA, and have not had any luck getting it to work with Zencart. I would be willing to pay for a contribution.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sarabz View Post
    I would also love to see some help here. We just started using FBA, and have not had any luck getting it to work with Zencart. I would be willing to pay for a contribution.
    Yeah, I'm still very interested too...