Plugin Contributions

Default Newbie needing simple help with message

I am using Zen Cart v.1.3.8, this is the first time I have ever worked with either ecommerce sites, templates or CSS so forgive me if I ask dumb questions. I have read the FAQ and I have read many other posts in here regarding getting rid of the Congratulations statement on the home page. However I am having issues and it is probably because I am over analyzing something or misreading something.

I am using the future zen template and so when I changed the index.php file (I went through filezilla, took the original and saved it to a folder on my hard drive, edited it then resaved to a new folder for import back to my side) I created a new directory - includes/languages/english/future_zen and now when I pull up my page it is blank.

My website is www.tartsnmore.com/products (not that you will be able to see anything since it is blank) and here is a copy of the php file:

<?php/** * @package languageDefines * @copyright Copyright 2003-2006 Zen Cart Development Team * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0 * @version $Id: index.php 6550 2007-07-05 03:54:54Z drbyte $ */define('TEXT_MAIN','This is the main define statement for the page for english when no template defined file exists. It is located in: <strong>/includes/languages/english/index.php</strong>');// Showcase vs Storeif (STORE_STATUS == '0') { define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST', 'Welcome <span class="greetUser">Guest!</span> Would you like to <a href="%s">log yourself in</a>?');} else { define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST', 'Welcome, please enjoy our online showcase.');}define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL', 'Hello <span class="greetUser">%s</span>! Would you like to see our <a href="%s">newest additions</a>?');define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'Define your main Index page copy here.');//moved to english//define('TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS','Featured Products');//define('TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS', 'New Products For %s');//define('TABLE_HEADING_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS', 'Upcoming Products');//define('TABLE_HEADING_DATE_EXPECTED', 'Date Expected');if ( ($category_depth == 'products') || (zen_check_url_get_terms()) ) { // This section deals with product-listing page contents define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Available Products'); define('TABLE_HEADING_IMAGE', 'Product Image'); define('TABLE_HEADING_MODEL', 'Model'); define('TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS', 'Product Name'); define('TABLE_HEADING_MANUFACTURER', 'Manufacturer'); define('TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY', 'Quantity'); define('TABLE_HEADING_PRICE', 'Price'); define('TABLE_HEADING_WEIGHT', 'Weight'); define('TABLE_HEADING_BUY_NOW', 'Buy Now'); define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS', 'There are no products to list in this category.'); define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS2', 'There is no product available from this manufacturer.'); define('TEXT_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS', 'Number of Products: '); define('TEXT_SHOW', 'Filter Results by:'); define('TEXT_BUY', 'Buy 1 \''); define('TEXT_NOW', '\' now'); define('TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES', 'All Categories'); define('TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS', 'All Manufacturers');} elseif ($category_depth == 'top') { // This section deals with the "home" page at the top level with no options/products selected /*Replace this text with the headline you would like for your shop. For example: 'Welcome to My SHOP!'*/ define('HEADING_TITLE', '');} elseif ($category_depth == 'nested') { // This section deals with displaying a subcategory /*Replace this line with the headline you would like for your shop. For example: 'Welcome to My SHOP!'*/ define('HEADING_TITLE', ''); }?>

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you in advance for all of your help and sorry to ask the question everyone is sick of!

Shannon

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Newbie needing simple help with message

Plugin Contributions

Do you have the "original" unedited copy of the file?

Get winmerge and compare the original to your edited copy to see what the differences are.

Chances are you just left off a ' somewhere or have extra lines at the end of the file.

Tina

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by charmedbytina2 View Post
    Do you have the "original" unedited copy of the file?

Get winmerge and compare the original to your edited copy to see what the differences are.

Chances are you just left off a ' somewhere or have extra lines at the end of the file.

Tina
    Thank you so much it fixed my problem completely! Have a great weekend!