Plugin Contributions

Default How do I make the Google Translate sidebox work on both secure and nonsecure pages?

This is a beaut . . . The Google Translate mod works well and is particularly important for my store because of the wide range of international visitors. (Thanks to the Google Translate mod contributor!!) Unfortunately Google Translate is an "unsecured item" on a secured page. This means either the page has to be unsecured to display Google Translate, or the Google Translate sidebox has to disappear off of that page in order for the page to be considered "secure"

(I don't have any other non-secure issues on any of the pages).

Is there a way to selectively make certain pages secure or non-secure and at the same time turn the Google Translate sidebox on and off for given secure pages?

I have spent an hour checking through the forum and have found some discussion about this but not a lot.

I got a headache

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I make the Google Translate sidebox work on both secure and nonsecure page

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57214

(I gotta different type of headache .... comes from reading dodgy translations from Google Translate)
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I make the Google Translate sidebox work on both secure and nonsecure page

The Google translations are DEFINITELY dodgy . . . so much for artificial intelligence . . . . But, in critical situations they can sometimes be better than nothing.

Thanks for the pointer over to forum thread that talks about this issue . . . I'll be right back after I go through it . . . .

Plugin Contributions

Brilliant! Done! Your help was really appreciated!