Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Autoresponder+ [support thread]

Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    problem gone away.....
    Excellent. Thanks for the update!

Plugin Contributions

Should help anyone on 1.3.7.

You replied while I was editing my post so you might not have seen my other question...

ps does your structure to add new queries extend to customer location......?

Plugin Contributions

Could you give a practical example of what you want to do?

What I might do in the next version is add a setting where users can type in a custom sql query for the autoresponder to work with. That way, you can really tailor it to suit your own requirements without hacking any code.

Plugin Contributions

I have someone who would like to be able to email people in a certain location (county) when they are doing a show in their area. I know it's stretching the functionality of your excellent mod but it would seem to be not a million miles from what you have already written. Your comment about the query structure being in place made me think it was worth asking....

This really is a fantastic addition to zencart by the way - up there with image handler IMHO...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the compliment. I always knew there would be demand for a mod like this; I just hope it meets everyones expectations.

I'm still not totally sure what you want to do exactly. If you wanted to add a condition so that emails are only sent to customers living in a particular county (after their order or account registration), this would be fairly simple. You would just add onto the relevant sql statement, something like:

AND address_book.entry_zone_id=276 AND customers.customers_default_address_id = address_book.address_book_id;

But I suspect your requirement is different to that? In which case, it could be beyond the scope of this mod.

Plugin Contributions

That's exactly what is needed. Nothing more - a simple query to extract people in a certain county and mail them. If it could be inserted as an input field or maybe as a dropdown into the input page so that the county could be added rather than having to deal with the sql code then the user would simply be able to enter the county name.

Plugin Contributions

I'm just a bit reluctant to add this in as a standard feature. I'm not sure there would be much demand for it, and I feel the admin settings are already a little bloated. Also, if I were to add a county condition, people might then ask for a country and continent condition etc as well. I'll have to think about it some more and see if people would want it but at the moment, I'm thinking a custom sql field would be better where users can adapt queries themselves (with guidance from here).

Plugin Contributions

All my other emails work correctly with these constants, so it isn't that the constants are undefined - it is that the defined values aren't flowing into the AutoResponder email correctly.

A couple more things that might help:

- I created a new email using the order_Status email and renamed it as the Autoresponder email. When that email was sent out to me the same thing occurred where constants were not defined
    - It is correctly identifying Order Status and how many emails to send
    - Zen Cart version 1.3.7.1
    - latest version of MOD
    - I have other mods installed but they aren't messing up other emails so not sure why they would affect this one - it almost seems to me that the AutoResponder.php file is just not loading correctly

-lindasdd

Quote Originally Posted by Steven300 View Post
    I can't replicate this error. What email program are you using? What Zen Cart version? What version of the mod? Do you have any other mods installed which you think might cause a problem?

For some reason you have undefined constants which email/email_template_autoresponder.html is trying to use.

Most of these constants should be defined in either:
    includes/languages/english/email_extras.php
    or
    includes/languages/english/your_template/email_extras.php

Can you check to see the constants are there?

What's strange is that $EMAIL_MESSAGE_HTML should be defined by the mod itself. This makes me think there's a wider problem, one which at the moment I'm not sure what the cause would be.

Perhaps you could try using another admin email address to test with? In autoresponder.php, find this code:

$admin_email=STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS;

Change to something like..
    $admin_email="[email protected]";

Related Tutorial/FAQ:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=95

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for this information. Could you try overwriting the following file with one from Zen Cart 1.3.8a:

includes/functions/functions_email.php

Plugin Contributions

That worked.

I still can't get the template to look like the Order Status update email(emails are pulling in variable names instead of values again) - would that be something you would consider creating?

I think an email such as that which provides full info on an order works much better(at least for Preset #1) for both the customer and the admin. Otherwise it becomes a little disjointed.

Either way thank you for your help and this great Mod.

-lindasdd

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast