Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Express not taking money for its generated accounts

Quote Originally Posted by snowkrash View Post
    What could be causing the error above in the ipncheck for SSL?
    GoDaddy's bizarre hosting configuration.
    And why would I be able to place orders at all and they work?
    Well, generally, placing orders normally works. In fact, you got the orders, right?

You didn't report back yet whether the customer was actually charged and whether PayPal found money sitting where it wasn't supposed to be.

I noticed that even though we do not have a CC module enabled (the only payment module enabled is PayPal Express, an order that did not go through said "cc" next to it in the orders list in the admin area, instead of saying "paypalwpp" like all the others do. How could that even happen when no other module is enabled?
    There is an occasional quirk, seemingly caused by something related to coupons perhaps, which has been reported to cause the payment to be completed via a module that's "installed" but "not enabled". Rule of thumb: don't merely "disable" a module if you're not using it. Remove it completely using the "Remove" button.
    I completely uninstalled that module so it doesn't happen again, and unistalled all other payment modules other than PayPal Express.
    Good.
    So, now I am left with this error in the ipncheck return output that I know will cause problems... any idea as to what causes that error, so I can try some things?
    ipncheck.php doesn't account for GoDaddy's proxy requirements. That's why you get that error when running the checkup on your particular server.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Express not taking money for its generated accounts

Wow, thanks for the detail! The orders that didn't work, they were never charged, so we are sending a paypal request for the funds.
    So, I shouldn't worry about the ipncheck error is what I'm understanding from you. The orders that did go through are perfect. everyone was charged, the cart understands and everything is peachy. So, I will leave debugging on for the next few days and report back if there are any other issues now that I've completely uninstalled other payment modules. It seemed to happen when they tried to use paypal to create the account so I will keep an eye out for that now. I can't test for that myself, cause it catches what I'm doing and recognizes I have an account and links me to the account already created, so I'll get a friend to help with that. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12