Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dynamic DropDown with Image

yup I got both of those. If only it were that easy....

Plugin Contributions

THink I figured it out. Look at the value for bead 2, Amethyst it shows value 51. You need to have a file 51 in the image folder and so on for all the others. Thats probably why the first coding didn't pass it to the cart. Each value has to have an image in the image folder. I think that will do it.

Plugin Contributions

AH!! You are right.... unfortunately, I don't have time to work on getting the images in place tonight, but I will be back either Monday or Tuesday and will do it then. And actually, since I fixed those two things this morning, the first attribute works, so I'm sure supplying the corresponding images for the second and third will finally do the trick! Just to be sure, I will let you know after I get everything finished next week.

Creepur, you are my hero. :)

Plugin Contributions

I'll be away on business all next week. Good Luck on getting it together.

Plugin Contributions

Alright!! Product 50 is now totally operational! Now I'm going to start making the files for the other two bracelet products. I know you're away this week, but I wanted to update my progress. :)

Plugin Contributions

Woot! Now I've got all three bracelets working! I changed the necessary if statements to look like this:
    Code:
    if (($_GET['products_id']) == 50 or ($_GET['products_id']) == 51 or ($_GET['products_id']) == 52)
    I don't even know if this was the right way to do it, but I tried it and it worked. All the drop-down menus' pictures change according to the selection made, and the selections carry over to the shopping cart.
    I did change the order of the attributes somewhat; on the page, I used to have the text attribute for typing in the name first, but since there were more names for bracelets with more strands, I put the names after the beads so the bead attribute numbers would be the same for each bracelet.

Seems like all my Zen Cart dreams are coming true. :)

Plugin Contributions

I am trying to figure out how to simply make the product info image change to a set image when the attribute drop down menu is changed. I have read through this but not sure exactly what to do. I have no idea how to even find out what the product page number is. I can find the page id but what about the "prod_50" or whatever. Where do i get this information. If someone can inform me on how to do this or show me some great resouces on the procedure of how to do this I would really really appreciate it. Thanks

I am trying to get my site to do this with the drop down menu

http://shopwalkthisway.com/index.php...products_id=25

Plugin Contributions

GoodJob Starlyn !!! The if statement modification is exactly how you add additional products to change the image....it took a little time but it looks like it was worth it.

Welchyboy, are you familiar with setting up your custom template directory? If not, recommend to get an understanding before trying to modify code.

Plugin Contributions

Well I think I have began to understand a little more each and every day. At first I started adding everything to template_default even though I had a custom folder but wasn't really sure what i was doing. But I ran a backup of the whole site structure to my computer before I changed anything so I would always have a backup to replace if i screwed something up lol. Now I am understanding that if the custom folder doesn't have a certain file it will look in the template_default folder. However if it finds it in the custom folder that is the one that needs to be modified. So I can say yes I am starting to understand how things work. Although I don't think I have all the files copied from template_default folder to my custom folder. I am glad you got your attribute images working correctly...can you help me get through this issue. Maybe break down more of what Starlyn said. I looked at the first post and it was just very overwhelming for me i am just very new at this.

Plugin Contributions

Welchyboy -
    I am starting this whole process over to apply it to a different product. If I can get it working, I will know how to walk you through it. The first time, things changed so frequently, I'm not even sure what I did anymore. So if you're still interested, I will post the results of my attempt probably some time next week.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast