Plugin Contributions

email error Not Receiving EXTRA CC ORDER info Emails in Exchange

I've been going crazy trying to figure out why I am having trouble receiving the extra cc order info to an email address on a Microsoft Exchange server. As far as I can tell, all other emails come through just fine EXCEPT this one. We are using the included Credit Card - Offline Processing payment module with HTML emails enabled (and using MIME HTML).

I have tried changing all of the various email configuration options (PHP, SMTP, SMTPAUTH) and turned on Emails must send from known domain to prevent the message from being flagged, but it is not even appearing as a junk email or being quarantined in McAfee spamkiller. All of the settings have been checked that would stop a message from being received (and we even disabled all spam filtering) and there was still nothing coming through. Thinking that maybe it was an issue with the subject or the length of the email, I have changed those to be much longer and have no repeated capital letters.

We set up a gmail account for now so that we could receive those emails as it seems that it works just fine from there but we would like the email to come to an address at our domain. If anyone has any suggestions to try something else I may have missed, PLEASE let me know. I have been looking all over the forums and I have not found anything - I can provide any additional information needed.

Thanks,
    PAE2008

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Not Receiving EXTRA CC ORDER info Emails in Exchange

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to your question, but I hope you won't mind if I ask one of you.

Why would a company with the resources to use Exchange not employ a proper merchant account to process credit cards rather than diddling around with sending pieces of sensitive information via email?

Not a criticism, I'm just curious.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to your question, but I hope you won't mind if I ask one of you.

Why would a company with the resources to use Exchange not employ a proper merchant account to process credit cards rather than diddling around with sending pieces of sensitive information via email?

Not a criticism, I'm just curious.
    No criticism taken - the company is a small business. They are looking into using a gateway system that their credit card processor uses but they have not switched yet. Additionally, they don't like to have the credit card immediately processed as inventory needs to be confirmed and customers complain if there are multiple charges/refunds. Until they can review the charges before the credit cards are charged, offline processing is the only way. If you have any suggestions though, they would be much appreciated...

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Have you set up the required e-mail address in the CC module itself?

If you have, then try an alternative e-mail address as a "test" - then place an order to "test" whether this works.

Sometimes, when inputting the email address, you may have inadvertently inserted trailing or leading spaces. Check to see that there aren't any.

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Basically, if your ZC is sending other e-mails, then there's no fundamental reason why it should not send these as well.

As I said, try another address for testing purposes. If you fail to get a message on, say 3 different addresses, then the fault may be with how you've configured your ZC mail options.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by fairestcape View Post
    Have you set up the required e-mail address in the CC module itself?

If you have, then try an alternative e-mail address as a "test" - then place an order to "test" whether this works.

Sometimes, when inputting the email address, you may have inadvertently inserted trailing or leading spaces. Check to see that there aren't any.
    Thanks for the suggestion fairestcape but unfortunately the email address is entered correctly and a test order went to a gmail account just fine. I am beginning to think it has something to do with Exchange possibly performing a DNS reverse lookup to verify the origin of the message. If finding a fix for that works, I'll post it here. Otherwise, I'll just keep waiting...

Plugin Contributions

Since I have still yet to find a solution to the problem, is it possible that I can enable some sort of debug mode for emails to make sure that a valid email is being constructed? I would need some way to track the middle credit card number email since I know it is not archived...

Plugin Contributions

Have you tried whitelisting the sending email address so the Exchange server knows it is friendly?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustme2 View Post
    Have you tried whitelisting the sending email address so the Exchange server knows it is friendly?
    Yes, we have tried doing that but to no avail. I'm thinking the problem has something to do with the method that the messages are sent (via HELO relay) and our configuration is blocking it for some reason or another.

Plugin Contributions

I am having a very frustrating time with this issue. I have configured the store to split up the emails so that middle digits are sent. When I first set this up yesterday, I received the propoer emails just fine. I thought I had finally fixed it, but today I get no emails.

The customer that has placed the order get's their order confirmation, and I have configured to get order status emails to another email address, and this is working fine.

Of course when I do NOT fill in the Split CC Info email address, there is no CC info captured at all.

I have another very successful ZC store and do not see any of this over there.

Am I doing something wrong??? Any help or tips are much appreciated. If possible, I would like to NOT split the CC info up, as we delete it once the CC is charged.