Plugin Contributions

Default Is There a Chained Attributes Contribution Yet?

Hi everyone,

I've found lots of posts in the forums asking for both Chained Attributes (ie. Color dependent on Size, etc), and inventory by attribute. Has anyone created an Add-On for these functions yet?

I'm currently working on a system like this for a site, and wondered if there was still a demand for this, or if I would be stepping on toes by posting my solution, once finished?

If yes, then I have a bunch more questions for the powers that be....

Nick

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is There a Chained Attributes Contribution Yet?

I've not seen anyone submit a working Dependent Attributes contribution yet.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I've not seen anyone submit a working Dependent Attributes contribution yet.
    A couple questions then:

1. Where is the appropriate place in the cart to add a class file? In includes/classes with the "Official" ones? Or is there an override/user class folder?

I've got a working prototype that's close to being useful, but still needs a little work. Mostly on the JavaScript side.

Right now, it allows for an unlimited depth tree of chained attributes, one attribute per level. It dynamically generates the configuration for This Chained Select Script.

First, am I allowed to include someone else's JavaScript library if I give them credit?

And second, I was hoping someone might be able to help with the JavaScript side, so I/we could create our own JS library to work with the rest of the system, so we wouldn't have to use a third party one. The PHP code is all original.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You can add a class file wherever you like. Logically the /includes/classes/ folder would make the most sense.

If you're including someone else's libraries, giving them credit and including all appropriate license details is important. You should ensure that the license under which they offer the library is compatible with GPL.

Additionally if you desire to contribute your addon to the community at large, here are some additional guidelines: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=11

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.