Plugin Contributions

Default IE stopped reading my stylesheet ??!!

HELP!

I'm upgrading from 1.3.7 to 1.3.8, which so far seemed to be going fine. I have the upgraded store in a sub-folder and am redesigning the layout before going live and replacing 1.3.7.

http://www.thesatinbutton.com/new_store

For some reason, IE is not reading my stylesheet! I work mostly in Firefox, but had checked IE yesterday and it was working, so it wasn't from the original upgrade. The only files I've been working in since then are:

includes/templates/jsweb/css/stylesheet2.css
    includes/templates/jsweb/sideboxes/tpl_categories.php
    includes/templates/jsweb/sideboxes/tpl_information.php

When I try to open new_store in IE it seems to be displaying without any stylesheet info. When I view the pagesource, the stylesheets are listed like normal, and everything works fine in Firefox. I don't know what I could have done in the files I've been using to cause such a major change.

Maybe it's reading a little of the stylesheet because my background is there, for instance, but nothings positioned right, the fonts and links are not at all what they should be, my drop-down menus don't work, etc. You can view it in Firefox to see what it's supposed to look like.

Any suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: IE stopped reading my stylesheet ??!!

Try renaming the stylesheet2 to stylesheet_2.css
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for getting back to me. I could try that, but I don't understand why changing the name would make a difference since it's been the way it is for almost a year. It did work after the initial upgrade process as well. It seems to be during the time that I've been editing the left nav column and the css file that I did something to cause this. I'm trying to think about what's changed. Maybe I accidentally deleted a character near the top of the css file that made the rest unreadable to IE? I'm going to try Winmerge on my stylesheet with a backup. Maybe that will shed some light on the situation.

Plugin Contributions

I am having the same problem as IE or Firefox are no reading my stylesheet. I was designing the whole thing on my computer and everything was perfect. I just move the site live and error with the CSS files. They are all there in their folder but can not be read.
    Please, any help with that?

Live site is at www.store.waytodoit.co.uk
    Last edited by deo.dravie@accesslin; 28 Jul 2008 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Forget to include the URL

Plugin Contributions

I found it!! Can you believe that one extra quote mark (") midway through the stylesheet could do that?!!

I had deleted the font "Comic Sans MS" from a font-family tag, and had left behind one quote mark ("), which was left hanging in front of Arial. Removed it, and voila, my page is back in IE!

Now, does anyone know why the left column is getting wider in IE? I think my 20px left padding is pushing it out, but that's only meant to effect the top-level category <a> tag...

www.thesatinbutton.com/new_store

Thanks!

P.S. deo.. I'll try to take a look at yours and see if I have any ideas. Do you need to rewrite the filepath anywhere since you went live?

Plugin Contributions

Just in case anybody else runs into problems with columns getting too wide in IE, here's the article that fixed it for me:

http://www.maxdesign.com.au/presenta...lumn-collapse/