Plugin Contributions

Default State pulldown not populating in address book

I am having trouble with the State pulldown menu just reverting to "Please Select .." when a customer goes into an address book to edit the info. Therefore if they happen not to notice this, the state is not saved and an alert message tells them to select a state. Not really a major issue, but a bit of a pain and not how it should work.

The other thing I noticed is that it is not storing anything in the entry_state field of the address_book table in the DB. It does store the entry_zone_id. I manually put in a state in the entry_state field through PHPmyAdmin and then updated the customer address book through my account in the store. It overwrote my manual addition to the entry_state with nothing.

Another thing I notice is that when you first go to edit the address book entry, the correct state appears in the pull down menu, it is not until the final moments of the page fully loading that the "Please Select .." is selected. So it is as if the pull down is operating correctly initially.

Can anyone please advise as to why this might be happening.

Version is 1.3.7 upgraded from an original 1.2.5 installation. It has had many many additions so we do not want to go with a full new install at the moment.

thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: State pulldown not populating in address book

Quote Originally Posted by edialedarb View Post
    The other thing I noticed is that it is not storing anything in the entry_state field of the address_book table in the DB. It does store the entry_zone_id. I manually put in a state in the entry_state field through PHPmyAdmin and then updated the customer address book through my account in the store. It overwrote my manual addition to the entry_state with nothing.
    That is normal. If a zone exists for the selected state/province entry, only the zone number is stored.

Quote Originally Posted by edialedarb View Post
    Can anyone please advise as to why this might be happening.

Version is 1.3.7 upgraded from an original 1.2.5 installation. It has had many many additions so we do not want to go with a full new install at the moment.
    Your symptoms are classic of an incomplete upgrade. The most common mistake is to leave out the stylesheet entries:
    Code:
    .hiddenField { display: none; }
    .visibleField { display: inline; }
    Other common factors are missing javascript files and customizations to the create-account page which cause the dependencies to not work together properly.
    Usually switching to the Classic template will show things to operate normally, provided your custom template was built using overrides properly.

If switching to classic doesn't cause the page to work correctly, I recommend doing a fresh install of the new version in a separate test folder+database and see it operate correctly. Then work on addressing the differences between your template and the functioning one.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.