Plugin Contributions

Default Trouble cloning - incorrect values passed to the checkout_payment page

Hello,

I have almost successfully cloned the "flat" shipping module into what I am looking for - basically adding several price options instead of just one for each "flat" clone.

(For example, instead of just $5.00 flat, you can choose $5.00 flat 3 day, $8.00 flat for 2 day or $12.00 flat for next day)

Sample Code:

$methods = array();

$methods[] = array('id' => 'optionone',
    'title' => MODULE_SHIPPING_BEZONE4_TEXT_WAY,
    'cost' => MODULE_SHIPPING_BEZONE4_COST);

$methods[] = array('id' => 'optiontwo',
    'title' => MODULE_SHIPPING_BEZONE4_TEXT_WAY2,
    'cost' => MODULE_SHIPPING_BEZONE4_COST2);

$this->quotes['methods'] = $methods;

Everything seems OK on "Step 1 of 3 - Delivery Information". My new radio options show up and I've checked the code and their values seem good.

The problem I am having occurs on "Step 2 of 3 - Payment Information". The shipping option and price show the title and price of the first appearing radio option in my clone no matter which option is checked.

(For example, if there are three options A,B,C, and B or C is checked on "Step 1 of 3" - "Step 2 of 3" shows A as what was checked.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why this is happening and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Trouble cloning - incorrect values passed to the checkout_payment page

The "flat" module was never built for multiple choices. Thus you may need to look at another module for inspiration on what additional changes you'll need to make to accommodate for multiple selections to remember what was chosen.

USPS generates a list of radio buttons based on available services, and then remembers the selected choice between pages. You might find some helpful code in that module, which you could adapt for use in your custom module.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Trouble cloning - incorrect values passed to the checkout_payment page

You might peek at these Flat modules in the Downloads:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...1&keyword=flat

That was a search on:
    flat
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks a for the quick replies.

I tried building a clone off of the USPS module but had the same problem with the shipping page in that it was not passing the correct options to the checkout/payment page. But that did steer me in the right direction.

I checked out a few of the modules on the page suggested by Ajeh and the "static list" module ended up being exactly what I was looking for. =)

Thanks again to both of you!

Bjorn

Plugin Contributions

Glad that one of those was able to help you ... thanks for letting us know what solution worked best for you ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!