Plugin Contributions

Default Remove menu item from Admin Interface

How to I remove an menu item from "Admin -> Tools"? Any edit to database required?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Remove menu item from Admin Interface

No database edits required.

Look in /admin/includes/boxes/....tools...
    and /admin/includes/boxes/extra_boxes/ ....tools...

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I am unsure about something similar, I want to add an item to the menu but I am not sure how...

They way it's done is very confusing.. all i see is things such as:

Code:
    $za_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_TOOLS_BANNER_MANAGER, 'link' => zen_href_link(FILENAME_BANNER_MANAGER, '', 'NONSSL'));
      $za_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_TOOLS_MAIL, 'link' => zen_href_link(FILENAME_MAIL, '', 'NONSSL'));
      $za_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_TOOLS_NEWSLETTER_MANAGER, 'link' => zen_href_link(FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS, '', 'NONSSL'));
      $za_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_TOOLS_SERVER_INFO, 'link' => zen_href_link(FILENAME_SERVER_INFO, '', 'NONSSL'));
      $za_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_TOOLS_WHOS_ONLINE, 'link' => zen_href_link(FILENAME_WHOS_ONLINE, '', 'NONSSL'));

Where is the actual text that displays the name on the menu and link to each file? Can someone explain to me how zen_href_link() works?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The text is defined in language constants defined in language files. ie: BOX_TOOLS_BANNER_MANAGER is defined in a language file, and its value will be inserted as appropriate. This allows the multilingual capabilities of Zen Cart to apply to admin menu choices.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

ah thank you, i see now :) DrByte are you the creator of zencart?

Plugin Contributions

If I want to add a completely new category, can someone explain to me what would be involved?

I have a nice order browser that i've made and I want to implement it but I can't find any docs on how to create new menu categories or add to existing ones, I apologize if this is mean but it seems like they are all over the place but it will probably make sense once I read how it was setup to work..

Plugin Contributions

So i've got it figured out pretty much but where is zen_href_link located?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

To create a new menu item on an existing menu such as the "Customers" menu, there are 3 simple steps:

1. Create a new file in the extra_boxes folder, perhaps like this:
    /admin/includes/boxes/extra_boxes/myorderbrowser_customers_dhtml.php
    and put the following inside it:
    Code:
    <?php
      $za_contents[] = array('text' => MYORDERBROWSER_LINK_TEXT, 'link' => zen_href_link(FILENAME_MYORDERBROWSER, '', 'NONSSL'));
    2. Then create a language file for the link name:
    /admin/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/myorderbrowser_definitions.php
    Code:
    <?php
      define('MYORDERBROWSER_LINK_TEXT', 'My Order Browser');
    3. And define the filename in a new file as well:
    /admin/includes/extra_datafiles/myorderbrowser_filenames.php
    Code:
    <?php
    define('FILENAMES_MYORDERBROWSER', 'myorderbrowser.php');
    There are lots of examples of admin addons that have added extra menu items. One such example is the "Backup MySQL Plugin". You could use it for inspiration or as an example of the pattern to follow.