Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default i just installed zencart but i cant get it to work. please help

hi i just installed a fresh copie of the latest zen cart and at the end on installing it tells me it was successful but the front end comes up with page not found and so i go to try get in to admin and all i get id this

Warning: include(includes/configure.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/react/domains/rcreaction.co.nz/public_html/zencart/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 61

Warning: include(includes/configure.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/react/domains/rcreaction.co.nz/public_html/zencart/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 61

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/configure.php' for inclusion (include_path='/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/react/domains/rcreaction.co.nz/public_html/zencart/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 61

Hello. Thank you for loading Zen Cart™.
    You are seeing this page for one or more reasons:
    This is your first time using Zen Cart™ and you haven't yet completed the normal Installation procedure.
    If this is the case for you, Click here to begin installation.

Your /includes/configure.php and/or /admin/includes/configure.php file contains invalid path information and/or invalid database-connection information.
    If you recently edited your configure.php files for any reason, or maybe moved your site to a different folder or different server, then you'll need to review and update all your settings to the correct values for your server.
    See the Online FAQ and Tutorials area on the Zen Cart™ website for assistance.

To begin installation ...
    The Installation Documentation can be read by clicking here: Documentation
    Run zc_install/index.php via your browser.
    The Online FAQ and Tutorials area on the Zen Cart™ website will also be of value if you run into difficulties.

Copyright © 2003-2008 Zen Cart™

im new to this script but i thort i did everything wright. if anyone can help please let me know what has gone rong.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: i just installed zencart but i cant get it to work. please help

The msg. tells you that things are not setup right. Best to start over but you don't have to upload all the files again.

Also, seems this file is missing or file permissions are wrong:

includes/configure.php

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Website Rob View Post
    The msg. tells you that things are not setup right. Best to start over but you don't have to upload all the files again.

Also, seems this file is missing or file permissions are wrong:

includes/configure.php

hi sorry to be a pain but i just reinstalled it all again and i get the same problem.
    now the instructions tell you to make a configure.php file and put them in /admin/includes and /incluses/ is this right? then it tells you to rename the /includes/dist-configure.php to configure.php and /admin/includes/dist-configure.php so this means there will be 2 configure.php files in each of these catagories yes? i am so confused i set all the cmods to 777 and i get nothing. i followed the instructions to the best of my ability im stuck.

Plugin Contributions

includes/dist-configure.php
    admin/includes/dist-configure.php

For the above two files, I do believe there are instructions somewhere that mention you have to "rename them" after you upload them; remove the 'dist-' part.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Website Rob View Post
    includes/dist-configure.php
    admin/includes/dist-configure.php

For the above two files, I do believe there are instructions somewhere that mention you have to "rename them" after you upload them; remove the 'dist-' part.
    i did remove the dist- part

Plugin Contributions

Ignore the instructions to create configure.php files. Just rename the dist-configure.php files in their respective folders to configure.php and change the permissions, then start the install.

You wouldn't be allowed to have two files in the same directory with the same file name, anyway.
    Last edited by Ajeh; 12 Aug 2008 at 06:07 PM. Reason: cleaned up filename ... :)

Plugin Contributions

nothing is working i still need much help can someone look throught this and tell me what is rocg.

:: Zen Cart™ Setup - System Inspection
    Take a moment to check whether your webserver supports the features required for Zen Cart™ to operate. Please resolve any errors or warnings before continuing. Then click on Install to continue.

Documentation

Have you read the Installation Instructions yet?
    The Installation Instructions will be a big help if you have not already read them.
    There you will find information about permissions-levels you will need to set to various folders/files and other details about installation prerequisites, as well as things to do after you are done with installation. There are also links there to the online FAQs and other helpful resources.

Upgrade Mode Available

Previous Zen Cart™ Installation Found
    Database appears to be Zen Cart™ v1.3.8
    System Inspection Results
    Webserver = Apache/1.3.39 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.8.30 OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP/5.2.4 mod_perl/1.29 FrontPage/5.0.2.2510
    HTTP Host = www.rcreaction.co.nz
    Path_Translated = /home/react/domains/rcreaction.co.nz/public_html/zen-cart1/zc_install/index.php
    Real Path = /home/react/domains/rcreaction.co.nz/public_html/zen-cart1
    Server Free Disk Space = 24.31 GB
    PHP O/S = Linux
    PHP API Mode = apache
    PHP Max Execution Time per page = 30
    Register Globals = ON Click here for more info
    MySQL Support = ON
    MySQL Version = 5.0.51a-community Click here for more info
    PHP Version = 5.2.4
    PHP Safe Mode = OFF
    PHP Sessions Support = ON
    PHP Session.AutoStart = OFF
    PHP session.use_trans_sid = OFF
    Current SQL Cache Folder = /home/react/domains/rcreaction.co.nz/public_html/zen-cart1/cache -->Writeable
    Suggested SQL Cache Folder = /home/react/domains/rcreaction.co.nz/public_html/zen-cart1/cache
    PHP magic_quotes_runtime setting = OFF
    PHP magic_quotes_sybase setting = OFF
    PHP GD Support = ON
    GD Version = GD bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
    PHP ZLIB Compression Support = ON
    PHP OpenSSL Support = ON
    PHP cURL Support = ON
    CURL NON-SSL Capability = Okay
    CURL SSL Capability = Okay
    PHP Upload Support = ON upload_max_filesize=2M; post_max_size=8M
    PHP Upload TMP dir =

View PHPINFO for your server Other System Information (For Reference Only)
    The following info does not necessarily indicate any problem or configuration issue. It is simply for the sake of displaying it in an easy-to-find location.
    PHP include_path = .:/usr/local/lib/php
    PHP SMTP destination = localhost
    PHP sendmail path = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i -f [email protected]
    PHP sendmail 'from' =
    PHP open_basedir restrictions = /home/react/:/tmp:/usr/local/lib/php/
    PHP Output Buffering (gzip) = OFF
    PHP FTP Support = ON
    PHP XML Support = ON
    PHP Session.Save_Path = /home/react/domains/rcreaction.co.nz/public_html/zen-cart1/cache -->Writeable
    File and Folder Permissions
    In order for the installer to store the setup information you provide in the following pages, the configure.php files shown below need to be "writable".
    includes/configure.php = Writeable
    admin/includes/configure.php = Writeable
    In order for many Zen Cart™ administrative and day-to-day functions to work properly, You need to mark several files/folders "Writeable". The following is a list of folders which need to be "read-write", along with recommended CHMOD settings. Please correct these settings before continuing installation. Refresh this page in your browser to re-check settings.

Some hosts may not allow you to set CHMOD 777, but only 666. Start with the higher setting first, and switch to lower values if required.
    cache = OK
    images = OK
    includes/languages/english/html_includes = OK
    media = OK
    pub = OK
    admin/backups = OK
    admin/images/graphs = OK

Install or Upgrade?

NOTE:
    If you are Upgrading, be sure to choose "Database Upgrade" below to keep your data.

If you choose "Install", you will erase all the contents of your database.

Welcome License Prerequisites Database Setup Database Upgrade System Setup phpBB Setup Store Setup Admin Setup Finished
    Copyright © 2003-2008 Zen Cart™

Plugin Contributions

if anyone has the time could they have a look here and tell what the problems might be

http://www.rcreaction.co.nz/zen-cart1/zc_install/

Plugin Contributions

As far as I can go, without overwriting your database, it looks OK.

I think that the problems you're having are resulting from corrupted files, or files which aren't uploading.

Do you have CPanel or some other control panel with a File Manager included?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    As far as I can go, without overwriting your database, it looks OK.

I think that the problems you're having are resulting from corrupted files, or files which aren't uploading.

Do you have CPanel or some other control panel with a File Manager included?

i have a server control pannel if that is what you mean but you cant upload folders only files so i use some other programs like free ftp manager. what do you sugest i use. im still new at this web site stuff still lerning what the best software is to use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast