Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Emails not sending on GoDaddy

I'm working on a new installation on Godaddy (not my choice!), and none of the emails are working. Welcome emails, password change emails, manually sending emails from admin, anything. I contacted Godaddy and got the following:

"Thank you for contacting Online Support. If you have a script (ASP, PHP, JSP, etc) on your site that need to send emails out you must specify the following server to send out from:

relay-hosting.secureserver.net

If this server is not specified to send out from, emails may not be sent out properly or at all. If you continue to experience issues, we provide two PHP based form mail scripts with all Linux-based hosting plans; gdform.php and webformmailer.php. "

Obviously using their scripts is not an option, so I have to integrate that server somewhere. This is the first time I've used ZC, so I'm not 100% sure where to put that setting. Can anyone help? Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Emails not sending on GoDaddy

I recently installed Zen Cart on a GoDaddy dedicated server (not my choice!) and was having that problem too but I fixed it because I realized that I had the server settings wrong. That's a different SMTP server than I was given by them. I contacted them like you did and asked specifically what server I needed to use and if I needed to specify a password. Good luck.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by seanr View Post
    I recently installed Zen Cart on a GoDaddy dedicated server (not my choice!) and was having that problem too but I fixed it because I realized that I had the server settings wrong. That's a different SMTP server than I was given by them. I contacted them like you did and asked specifically what server I needed to use and if I needed to specify a password. Good luck.
    What info did they give you?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Setting Zen Cart to use "PHP" as the Email Transport (which is the default setting) works fine for me on a domain set up using ad-supported hosting on a GoDaddy server.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Setting Zen Cart to use "PHP" as the Email Transport (which is the default setting) works fine for me on a domain set up using ad-supported hosting on a GoDaddy server.
    Tried that first. Didn't get errors, but not a single email ever went through, and I tried a number of different destination addresses.

I'm having the same issue with a site I just moved to GoDaddy.
    I have an identical copy of this site on a GoDaddy non-ssl server which sends emails just as it should.

I have been working with the GoDaddy tech support people and have had the issue escalated to a higher level, they are supposed to get back to me within 24 hours. I'm not holding my breath.

On the the non-ssl server it doesn't matter if I use their relay-hosting.secureserver.net or some other one (ie. mail.myhost.com), it still works fine. on the ssl server, regardless of server, transport method, mail port, etc. It still wont work.

Anyway, I will post back here if and when I hear anything back and hopefully get this thing working.

Plugin Contributions

Awesome - thanks! They're blowing me off completely, and I'm having a hard time pinning them down because I'm travelling out of country at the moment.

[FONT=Century Gothic]ok, here is an update:
    GoDaddy contacted me back with this message:
    [/FONT]
    "[FONT=arial, sans serif]We have tested your hosting account and we are not able to duplicate this issue. We were able to use a PHP mail script to send mail. Please keep in mind that we are not able to troubleshoot custom scripts, therefore, we cannot provided specifics on your form mailer."

[FONT=Century Gothic]So, I created a form using their [/FONT]
    [/FONT][FONT=Century Gothic]webformmailer.php and noticed in their instructions that I need to go into my hosting setup and set a mail to name under content/webmail. So I did and tested my form, and it worked, the mail seemed a bit slow in getting to me, but it got here. [/FONT][FONT=Century Gothic]

Next I tried my site's contact us form, that also worked. I did a direct email through admin, that also worked.

I think tried doing an update on an order by adding a comment and changing the status. It hung and would not process the update, although, I still got the email. I tried this again with the Super Orders module and it unchecked the notify customer box and did the update. So I tried it again with the Add Tracking ID module, that one worked fine, status updated, got my email and the tracking number was posted.

So, I can work with it as it is, but it's not exactly right. It seems like the key thing is to put a send from address in the hosting content / webmail in the hosting manager.

I hope this helps. Good luck and let me know if this works for you and if you figure anything else out.
    [/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Default GoDaddy serve behaving inconsistently (Is anyone out there having similar problem?)

I was almost glad to read your comments ... that means I am not crazy and there is a problem with GoDaddy. I have a shared Linux server.

I had similar contact forms problem after they reset my account ... I fixed it by checking all the permission tables which had been changed (?????). I even changed all of my passwords just in case.

Now my site www.free-realestate-listing.com is inconsistent. One minute a user can register a new listing (and account) perfectly, a few minutes later it does not record the listing on the site. Sometimes there are errors such:

"Error herere--->You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1"
    "The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. ETC ...."
    "Internet explorer cannot open ..."

And sometimes there are no error at all but it does not work.

This all started around August 12th.

Is anyone out there having similar problem?

I would appreciate any ideas, suggestions. I have been working 12 hour-days to fix it. I am getting nowhere.

Thank you everyone.

Plugin Contributions

I am having the same problem with godaddy and nothing works to fix it. Running zencart 1.38 on a linux server using PHP mailer, I can send test mail from the admin but using the "contact us" form built in to zencart results in a 500 server error.
    you can see here:
    http://www.solalunaimports.com/ZenCa...age=contact_us

It has been working for months and just stopped.
    godaddy has replied : "sorry 3rd party yada yada" and said to use thier gdform.php
    Code:
    <?php
        $request_method = $_SERVER["REQUEST_METHOD"];
        if($request_method == "GET"){
          $query_vars = $_GET;
        } elseif ($request_method == "POST"){
          $query_vars = $_POST;
        }
        reset($query_vars);
        $t = date("U");

$file = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . "/../data/gdform_" . $t;
        $fp = fopen($file,"w");
        while (list ($key, $val) = each ($query_vars)) {
         fputs($fp,"<GDFORM_VARIABLE NAME=$key START>\n");
         fputs($fp,"$val\n");
         fputs($fp,"<GDFORM_VARIABLE NAME=$key END>\n");
         if ($key == "redirect") { $landing_page = $val;}
        }
        fclose($fp);
        if ($landing_page != ""){
    	header("Location: http://".$_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"]."/$landing_page");
        } else {
    	header("Location: http://".$_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"]."/");
        }

?>
    any help appreciated, I have tried every email transport method and all it gets is a 500 error.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast